User Effects Presets saved in Renoise can't be opened in Redux...?

This seems really screwed up to me…

I’ve used Renoise for a while, so I have a lot of Presets that I’ve created and saved for various FX like delay, doofers, etc.

I just recently got into Redux, and love it, but am encountering a major problem!

If I try to select any user preset for any FX device, it fails to load and gives me this message (see attached image).

The message makes no sense because I’m running the current version of Redux. Obviously there’s some problem with loading patches I saved in Renoise, but why should this be the case ??

I really need access to all my content built in renoise, when using redux…the instruments all load fine, but any FX presets results in this pop error message.

is there a fix? any sense of why this is happening?

thanks,

-Michael

Obviously there’s some problem with loading patches I saved in Renoise, but why should this be the case ??

Speculation: Perhaps because Renoise got a slight update and Redux didn’t?

You could try loading one of the Renoise xrdp presets files into a text editor and looking for the doc_version line something like:

<FilterDevicePreset doc_version="11">

and modifying that to say:

<FilterDevicePreset doc_version="9">

Don’t know if that would help.

Edit:

Sorry, I assumed the OP was running the latest version of Redux (1.01) from this statement…

The message makes no sense because I’m running the current version of Redux

So the only conclusion I thought was a overlooked version mismatch on upgrading to V3.1.1 of Renoise.

Yeah I’m thinking it must be because of the bugfix update Renoise just got…but I wonder if the devs are aware that the update broke all the user presets in everybody’s Redux :frowning:

I’ll check out the text thing, maybe, but I have so many presets, that would be a lot of work… hopefully the devs can address this issue.

Speculation: Perhaps because Renoise got a slight update and Redux didn’t?

I really hope that’s not the problem. We exactly did not want to invalidate shared presets etc. by releasing the bugfix.

Also, it doesn’t happen here. I wonder if you’re running the latest version of Redux (1.01) ?

Otherwise, perhaps you could share one of the problematic files here.

I really hope that’s not the problem. We exactly did not want to invalidate shared presets etc. by releasing the bugfix.

Also, it doesn’t happen here. I wonder if you’re running the latest version of Redux (1.01) ?

Otherwise, perhaps you could share one of the problematic files here.

I am using Redux 1.01 yes, it’s up to date.

I’m at work but when I’m home I’ll grab some files and share them here.

That pop up error occurs for every single user preset (for all FX devices) in my library :frowning:

@danoise

Here are three FX presets from my library. All of them were originally made and saved in Renoise, all of them result in the error message for incompatability (see screenshot in OP).

Let me know if you learn of anything about this issue, thanks!

-Michael

Yup, there is indeed a problem there.

The filter device preset got bumped up one number with Renoise 3.1, from v10 to v11.So, 4Tey was spot on.

But it’s strange, because other preset types (device chain, etc) are not affected.

Whatever the reason is for this, I think the solution is for us to release a snap update to Redux.

Will get back with some more info on this…

Yup, there is indeed a problem there.

The filter device preset got bumped up one number with Renoise 3.1, from v10 to v11.So, 4Tey was spot on.

But it’s strange, because other preset types (device chain, etc) are not affected.

Whatever the reason is for this, I think the solution is for us to release a snap update to Redux.

Will get back with some more info on this…

Great, thanks so much for looking into it. Hope it’s easy to resolve re: Redux update.

Just as a more advanced thought for people with Linux and maybe MacOSX unix systems… M.arthur says he has a number of presets in a directory, would it not be worth thinking about using say the command line program ‘sed’ to run through the xrdp preset files in the directory ‘downgrading’ the doc_version xml entry by 1. Maybe something like:

sed -i 's/doc_version="11"/doc_version="10"/g' *.xrdp

Not saying that the above is perfect/reliable in any way (so best to backup directories before doing anything like that to the current xrdp files), just showing that with some thought there maybe is a more automated way of doing text ‘search and replace’ in a collection of files. Or you could just wait for a newer version of Redux :slight_smile:

@4Tey: yes, likely this won’t introduce additional problems and could be a handy short-term solution

But I’m looking to learnwhythe number was increased in the first place.

@m.arthur: save a backup if you plan to proceed with this step. And keep them around, just in case.

@4Tey: yes, likely this won’t introduce additional problems and could be a handy short-term solution

But I’m looking to learnwhythe number was increased in the first place.

@m.arthur: save a backup if you plan to proceed with this step. And keep them around, just in case.

I appreciate 4tay’s efforts, but that level of problem-solving is a bit beyond my pay grade, so to speak. I’m more likely to mess something up than fix anything, in that area. I’ll just wait for the Redux update :slight_smile:

Any news on a Redux update / fix for this issue?

Woops, didn’t realize I had two accounts in this forum, yikes. Anyway, I made the OP, and I am indeed curious to know if there’s any update re: fixing this issue, thanks!

Yup.

Any news on a Redux update / fix for this issue?

I am indeed curious to know if there’s any update re: fixing this issue, thanks!

Just a little bump to inform that this issue is not forgotten -

we aimed to put out the update before Christmas, but underestimated how fast this month tends to fly past everyone (wow, what a surprise! :wink: )

I promise, we’ll get back to business in January.

thanks for the update @danoise, appreciate it!

So, it’s 2018 and - TADAA - Redux 1.02 is available

https://forum.renoise.com/t/redux-1-02-bugfix-release/48666

Wonderful, thank you!

So, it’s 2018 and - TADAA - Redux 1.02 is available

https://forum.renoise.com/t/redux-1-02-bugfix-release/48666