Final Renoise Update, last not least.

There will be no further #update; as this is the final & last version!

At least :drummer: :drummer: :drummer:

:frowning:

:frowning:

No worries Brother, just a joke; the #renoise team is alive & well!

That #gameboytracker is a nice toy to play around, too…gritty 8bit sound.

:ph34r:

forum clickbait… thanks?

Actually just a #diy tracker on the old gameboy using that soundengine and such…OT!

No worries Brother, just a joke; the #renoise team is alive & well!

That #gameboytracker is a nice toy to play around, too…gritty 8bit sound.

:ph34r:

Renoise its so cool man…I’am definitely taking my tutorials to the next level by next year …

for now im experimenting with different sections and the way im presenting them…so anyone …beginner or advanced user …can find some good material in my channel :slight_smile:

unlike other DAW’s …like Ableton Live or FL studio…that have evolve over its original form …i feel like Renoise is at a peak moment …where the developers can take the safe route and improve over the existing tracker layout… or …they may take in consideration a lot of the features that users like us…have been requesting for years in the forums :slight_smile:

like parallel processing doofers

and audio channels.

and even some realtime time stretching algorithm

and i’m saying peak moment …given the fact that other DAW’'s have released to the public …major updates …such as Reason vst support…and now an even more complete collection of instruments…Live 10 with new features and new devices…other new DAW’s like Bitwig are …redefining this types of software :slight_smile:

i’m very comfortable with Renoise as it is right now…but i love to see it turning into something much better

Those game console and chip trackers (LSDJ, NTRQ, nanoloop, PULSAR, famitracker, deflemask, goattracker etc.) as cool as they can be, have old school timing and cant do real BPM. They are not very good for sampling into renoise for further processing or for the addition of more parts. The timing is off.

One similar tracker which is portable, and has true BPM is little game park tracker. It runs on PSP and windows. Its very underrated and has a cool command “play loop offset” which allows for wavetable type synthesis (with the monowave sample, 256 waveforms in one sample). The table screen is similar to renoise phrases. Its homebrew stuff though, a bit difficult to render songs or individual tracks, patterns to .wav. I think even the windows version is not working anymore. That tracker was a damn good effort though, very nice design and control system keeping portability in mind. Hope it gets the updates and finishing touches one day. Its possible to get a great sound out of it with the special monowave sample. morphing waveforms.

Some of those LSDJ and nanoloop gameboy fans are real waveform discriminators though. They will only accept the gameboy waveforms.

They shun any form of music that isnt made on a gameboy.

Those game console and chip trackers (LSDJ, NTRQ, nanoloop, PULSAR, famitracker, deflemask, goattracker etc.) as cool as they can be, have old school timing and cant do real BPM. They are not very good for sampling into renoise for further processing or for the addition of more parts. The timing is off.

One similar tracker which is portable, and has true BPM is little game park tracker. It runs on PSP and windows. Its very underrated and has a cool command “play loop offset” which allows for wavetable type synthesis (with the monowave sample, 256 waveforms in one sample). The table screen is similar to renoise phrases. Its homebrew stuff though, a bit difficult to render songs or individual tracks, patterns to .wav. I think even the windows version is not working anymore. That tracker was a damn good effort though, very nice design and control system keeping portability in mind. Hope it gets the updates and finishing touches one day. Its possible to get a great sound out of it with the special monowave sample. morphing waveforms.

Some of those LSDJ and nanoloop gameboy fans are real waveform discriminators though. They will only accept the gameboy waveforms.

They shun any form of music that isnt made on a gameboy.

I used to be one of those shunners. Then I got an oscilloscope and learned wtf a waveform really was. My logical brain cannot talk shit anymore :confused:

At nintendo in the olden days it seems they did put some effort into making a unique pulse wave for the gameboy. Its not just a plain square wave and has some strange “resonant peaks” or something.

For those who want the LSDJ sound in renoise its possible to sample the gameboy at multiple notes and make a multisampled instrument out of gameboy single cycle waves. To be super accurate sampling a single cycle for every note and making separate multisampled instruments for each of the pulse widths (12.5%. 25%, 50%) and another for the triangle or use plogue chip sounds vst.

Thats one thing that was missing on little game park tracker, Multisampled instruments.

I really liked the gamepad style controls for portability…dual grip. Though some would say generally its too slow for note and command input I found it really good. You can rest your arms, you dont have to hold up your phone or tablet all the time, you dont need a table.

The other input method which was awesome for portability was stylus + d-pad like with milkytracker on PDA.