All Tuplets As Phrases Method

With a phrase of only one line in length its easy to do all the tuplets ( and beyond into waveform type speed, LPB 256 ).

Once the values for a one line phrase are known, double those values for a two line phrase etc.

SETUP 1 :

main pattern editor: TPL-12, LPB-4

( 1 line phrase LPB values )

(crotchet / quarter note / within the space of 1 beat tuplets)

LPB2 = duplet

LPB3 = triplet

LPB4 =quadruplet

LPB5= quintuplet

LPB6= sextuplet

LPB7=septuplet

LPB8=octuplet

LPB9=nonuplet

LPB10=decuplet

LPB11=undecuplet

LPB12=dodecuplet

LPB13=tredecuplet

For a 2 line phrase, the above LPB values x 2 etc.

Double the LPB values once for (within the space of) an 8th note tuplets, twice for (within the space of) a 16th note tuplets, three times for (within the space of) a 32nd note tuplets,
four times for 64th note tuplets and so on (the LPB limit is 256).

Halve the LPB values for (within the space of) a half note tuplets (two quarter notes / 2 beats )

SETUP 2 :

main pattern editor: TPL-12, LPB-8

LPB2 = duplet

LPB3 = triplet

LPB4 =quadruplet

LPB5= quintuplet

LPB6= sextuplet

LPB7=septuplet

LPB8=octuplet

LPB9=nonuplet

LPB10=decuplet

LPB11=undecuplet

LPB12=dodecuplet

LPB13=tredecuplet

Double the LPB values once for (within the space of) an 8th note tuplets, twice for (within the space of) a 16th note tuplets, three times for (within the space of) a 32nd note tuplets and so on (the LPB limit is 256).

Halve the LPB values once for (within the space of) a half note tuplets (two quarter notes / 2 beats ), twice for (within the space of) a whole note tuplets ( 4 crotchets / 4 beats ).

SETUP 3 :

main pattern editor: TPL-12, LPB-12

LPB2 = duplet

LPB3 = triplet

LPB4 =quadruplet

LPB5= quintuplet

LPB6= sextuplet

LPB7=septuplet

LPB8=octuplet

LPB9=nonuplet

LPB10=decuplet

LPB11=undecuplet

LPB12=dodecuplet

LPB13=tredecuplet

Double the LPB values once for (within the space of) an 8th note tuplets, twice for (within the space of) a 16th note tuplets and so on (the LPB limit is 256).

Halve the LPB values once for (within the space of) a half note tuplets (two quarter notes / 2 beats ).

The easiest way to do triplets is to set the main lines per beat to 12.

All tuplets are also possible with the use of delay by ticks or delay by delay units commands:

(For delay in ticks):

Local Effects Column

-Qxx - Delay playback of the line by xx ticks.

Volume or Panning Column

Qx - Delay a note by x ticks (0 - F)

(for delay in 256ths of a line):

Delay Column

00-FF - The delay column can only be used to delay a note or Note-Off, where 00 is no delay and FF will result in the note being delayed until immediately before the next line. For example:

40 - 25% delay
80 - 50% delay
C0 - 75% delay

Sounds interesting, but i really don’t know all that much about music theory, i don’t understand, when would these high speed phrases come to use? Speeds like 39LPB phrase at 12LPB master? It’s more than 3 retriggers per line. :blink:

I wished phrase LPB was automatable, it sounds so cool when you slide it in real time. :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting me know. I made some mistakes. They are fixed now.

O.k. Ive tested with hi-hats now. Sounds cool.