Photo

[Songs] Komu - The Bouncer (Mutant Breaks 10)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Komu

Komu

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 23:23

File Name: Komu - The Bouncer (Mutant Breaks 10)

File Submitter: Komu

File Submitted: 30 Nov 2017

File Category: Songs

License: Creative Commons CC BY-NC

My Mutant Breaks 10 entry.

Click here to download this file

• ffx likes this

#2 omoroca

omoroca

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 19:24

You should add an MP3 bc some people might not (want to) have the VST "LADSPA: TAP Reverberator" and cannot listen to your .xrns file.

• Komu likes this

#3 Komu

Komu

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 20:05

Okay here's Soundcloud link with download enabled:

#4 OopsIFly

OopsIFly

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • Interests:...daydreams... -VS- ...propaganda...

Posted 30 November 2017 - 20:13

My tip on the reverb plugin would be to create an impulse response of the reverb setting to get rid of the plugin dependency. Should work fine unless you automate the reverb somehow in the original setup...

How: Create a silence sample at the sample rate your project is running in - long enough for the whole reverb tail to be contained plus some extra (else there could probably be problems due to auto-suspend), and use the draw sample tool to make the very first value of the sample a spike of the maximum possible value (1.0), zoom in to be sure you only affect it. Only the first value of the sample, not the following which must be kept total silence zero 0.0. Then disable key/pitch, any resampling or antialiasing, you want the one sample spike to be kept as intact as possible. Make a dummy track with only the reverb with the settings you used for the track in it, and long enough to contain the whole reverb tail. Place a spike sample trigger note to the beginning, render/resample the whole track. The resulting sample should sound like a click fed through the reverb, save it, load it in the convolver plugin to get very close to the sound of the reverb plugin itself. You can also resample other effects of the reverb chain with it, i.e. eqs and filters, but no modulated effects and no effects adding harmonics like distortions or driven filters or exciters.

P.s. I really like the tune, could have more depth to it, but it has a nice laid back feel to it and sounds very bold/strong at the same time

Edited by OopsIFly, 30 November 2017 - 20:16.

• Komu likes this

#5 Komu

Komu

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 22:37

^^^ Cool tip and thank you for the listening and feedback!!! ☺