Play / preview note highlighted in phrase editor? (without playing phr

Hi there,

I’m moving into using Redux inside other daw’s for flexibility - one thing I use a LOT in Renoise is after a break has been sliced and I’m arranging I like to be able to use the ‘Enter/Return’ key to preview the selected slice in the editor window.

Can the same be done / assigned to a key in Redux?? Hope so, as it really helps me get a timing for my breaks (quarter/eight/sixteen note spacing etc) when putting them together.

Cheers -

Hm, not sure I get the question. What “editor window” would that be?

Slicing up an instrument natively in Renoise or using any DAW with Redux shouldn’t be any different. If you pass it a note, the relevant sample will (can) be triggered.

Edit: ah, now I might get it. You are referring to the “play from this line” functionality, but inside the Redux phrase editor?

Yeah, I can understand if you miss this one.

The good news is that it has been fixed in the soon-to-arrive Redux update :slight_smile:

Hm, not sure I get the question. What “editor window” would that be?

Slicing up an instrument natively in Renoise or using any DAW with Redux shouldn’t be any different. If you pass it a note, the relevant sample will (can) be triggered.

Edit: ah, now I might get it. You are referring to the “play from this line” functionality, but inside the Redux phrase editor?

Yeah, I can understand if you miss this one.

The good news is that it has been fixed in the soon-to-arrive Redux update :slight_smile:

W00t!

Early Christmas Present :slight_smile:

Play from this line - indeed, pardon my poor phrasing.

Any other news as to what might be in the update?

Any other news as to what might be in the update?

It’s just a bugfix release. Which means that all issues that are relating to Redux, or the Renoise instrument since v1.01 have been fixed.

But it will arrive soon. Edit: it has arrived

Bumping this topic since the error should be fixed with the arrival of Redux v1.02

https://forum.renoise.com/t/redux-1-02-bugfix-release/48666