Writing a book about Renoise

We have a lot of nice wikis, tutorials, videos, websites and news-articles about the best DAW ever, but there does not seem to be a good ol’ printed book about it. So I started to create a book about renoise. It’s written in german and this is just a super small sneak preview. I think the book will be finished/published in march 2018.

Book-Sneak

Being a renoise-user since 2001 (wow, old-man-alert) I just want to thank the whole renoise-crew for creating such a great tool.

Wow. Having lived in Germany for these last few years, I know that not everyone here is fluent in English.

And I will read it too, to practice my own language skills :slight_smile:

It’s a huge job to do. Seriously, I could go the easy way and translate the fantastic manual but no: I really think renoise needs a book like those typical “blablabla for dummies”-books. I am at the outline at the moment and even those few chapters I have will be rewritten.

But March 2018 is a self-set deadline which I have to hit. Thanks for the kind words danoise

This is the second book I’ve come across lately, that I really want to read, that is written in German.

One more, and I’ll just have to learn to read German :slight_smile:

I found a book which mentions renoise favourably (along with sunvox and modplug tracker), has a few pages about the renoise sample editor and pattern editor:

everyday guides made easy, making music for games - david newman

The book makes the claim that some trackers can be made to run backwards. I am not sure if this is true. Tracks may appear to run backwards in extreme sequences, but it is an optical illusion…am i wrong?

There are a lot of oldschool-protracker-songs that display / play the patterns reverse. Some people even do “movies”.

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

:drummer: :walkman: :walkman: Maybe Taktik can translate it in his spare - time while not working on #Renoise ?

Ok, just kidding; good looking here !

I saw a milkytracker track here on the renoise forums which looked like it was running backwards.

I think the command used to achieve that was ‘Dxx - pattern break’.

Some parts I can’t explain. Individual tracks running at different speeds, some kind of mirror effect.

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

drummer.gif walkman.gif walkman.gif Maybe Taktik can translate it in his spare - time while not working on #Renoise ?

Ok, just kidding; good looking here !

AFAIK, the renoisedevs, including the mint-tasty Taktik are working on something huge :wink: Thanks for the kind words.

I really like to read this kind of literature, thanks for the advice! I also recommend interesting material at https://studydriver.com/the-main-themes-of-the-story-of-an-hour/, go ahead and study the main themes of The story of an Hour, it’s very interesting and lures you into a full study of the book.

I had to cancel this project. Sorry… No time.