Effect Commands for instrument envelope/stepper/filter modules (not tr

I really want to be able to modulate a gain pre ASDR on a filter. It drives me mental.

You can make a custom envelope in an LFO and connect it to a gainer or filter.

attachicon.giflfo.jpg

Then, you can Reset (command ?8xx) the LFO on a custom position xx. In the example image, the LFO device number ? is 1.

attachicon.giflfo_reset_command.jpg

It is a bit of a workaround, but a lot is possible this way.

You can also automate or LFO this LFO’s parameters again.

(LFO to offset for example, another LFO randomly each 16 bars reset on tempo)

It’s not just that though. Some instruments I like to make have steppers and there’s no way to re-sync, also in the instrument block structure filters are before the amplifier in a standard signal → filter → vca like structure. Sounds way, way, different than signal → vca → filter. Also you can’t have polyphony with this… There’s a realm of design you could do with renoises sampler block (and feature set) with this worked on. Perhaps this functionality could be built into the phrase engine.

Some instruments I like to make have steppers and there’s no way to re-sync

You can control the reset of the stepper device using a macro.

And you can connect a key/velocity-tracker to the macro controlling the stepper - even inside the instrument, using the “unofficial” trick that allows you to stuff the Instr. Macro device inside the instruments effect section. Having it there means that you can pin-point which sample to use, giving you full control of the stepper device via the phrase editor.

Here’s an example demonstrating all these principles (no sound). Check out the phrase and then two modulation chains -

first one is controlled strictly by an LFO which is reset via notes in the phrase.

second chain is stepping randomly, but still reset at specific intervals, also via notes in the phrase.

7877 Stepper controlled via phrase.xrni

Hope this helps!

This should make life easier for me. I’ve just been using custom reaktor stuff for these sorts of modulations/mangling but i like to stay native whenever I can. Thanks.

You can control the reset of the stepper device using a macro.

And you can connect a key/velocity-tracker to the macro controlling the stepper - even inside the instrument, using the “unofficial” trick that allows you to stuff the Instr. Macro device inside the instruments effect section. Having it there means that you can pin-point which sample to use, giving you full control of the stepper device via the phrase editor.

Here’s an example demonstrating all these principles (no sound). Check out the phrase and then two modulation chains -

first one is controlled strictly by an LFO which is reset via notes in the phrase.

second chain is stepping randomly, but still reset at specific intervals, also via notes in the phrase.

attachicon.gifStepper controlled via phrase.xrni

Hope this helps!