Renoise & Windows 10, a good combo?

I know it should work somehow, yet still seeing Win7 in the official #specs.

Also having probs with other Audio software running on Win10, drivers especially.

Do any of you guys actually run Renoise on a Win10 Machine, or just Linux, Win7 here?

Thanks, El

I know it should work somehow, yet still seeing Win7 in the official #specs.

We also mention Windows Vista there, so you can probably guess that we haven’t really updated the minimum requirements text in quite some time :slight_smile:

I’ve been running Windows 10 at home for a couple of years now, and taktik has also been running Windows 10 at the office for quite some time.

I also have a second machine that was originally running Windows 7, which I then upgraded to Windows 8, and then finally to Windows 10.

I personally haven’t experienced any major problems so far, and Renoise is running quite happily on both of my systems.

Your experience may of course vary, especially if your audio interface is lacking the proper up to date drivers.

Do any of you guys actually run Renoise on a Win10 Machine, or just Linux, Win7 here?

Windows 10 here, flawless victory.

Yeah, no problems with Windows 10, but I don’t like how it seems to be updating itself all the time

Using Win10 w/Renoise here no problems. Best Microsoft OS ever in my opinion (been a user since Win 3.1).

Yeah, no problems with Windows 10, but I don’t like how it seems to be updating itself all the time

I’ve come to terms with the auto-updates (though I seem to have it set to always prompt me for approval before installing them. Maybe that’s a win 10 pro thing). What I hated was that after certain updates it would do a forced reboot within 24 hours.

But I found a way to disable that:https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/53j3h8/how_to_disable_automatic_restart_but_still_allow/

Ok, many thanks!

So Me will try this out #upgrade the change of Times, then.

Yet on a side note, you guys just not trying to force me to update from my beloved 2.7.2 recently updated to 2.8.2 and very happy this?

A new OS shouldnt be a bad thing though, even this Auto - Update sounds a bit annoying here. In Win7 you can just disable this #feature.

P.S. What is Windows 3.1, like from the Apollo Missions from the 60s or something, just kidding. :walkman:

Have you tried:https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10 ?

I used to run Linux and OSX but I’ve been using Windows 10 for a couple years now and it’s fine. I still use Linux but Windows is my main box now. Click here to read about how I made it feel more like Linux.

Have you tried:https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10 ?

I used to run Linux and OSX but I’ve been using Windows 10 for a couple years now and it’s fine. I still use Linux but Windows is my main box now. Click here to read about how I made it feel more like Linux.

Interesting. I’m planning to switch from OSX to Linux sometime next year. Could you elaborate on why you went for Windows? Do you have to run specific software?

Interesting. I’m planning to switch from OSX to Linux sometime next year. Could you elaborate on why you went for Windows? Do you have to run specific software?

I felt that between Libre, Open, and_iTunes…_thatWindows 10 was an OK compromise. When I made the switch I felt that a lot had changed since Windows XP and Windows 10.I set off to better understand the daily grind that is the Windows world through immersion and I got used to it. The freedom to make irrational decisions.

Win 10 Pro 64-bit here, no probs with Renoise crashing or anything.

Solid as a rock.

mmeee i use it…it works pretty good

but i mostly use reaktor and few vsts…not big on using a lot of vsts…only trouble seems to be with the soundcard

but i know its Maudio’s fault not renoise…

shitty …audio interface :frowning:

@Conner: Thanks for the info. I might consider installing Windows on a second partition. I only wished they wouldn’t have gone the complete phone home route with Windows 10.

i frekin love win 10, I’ve only had one F’Up,from the updates but it was during the bleeding edge setting updates mode.

• i had another install on another drive, just had to copy a shadow volume manager file over. -i think it tried to update while it was on battery.