Toggle Disk Browser Visibility, how?

Hi, how do I toggle the disk browser visibility or instrument box visibility or instrument details visibility?

Hi, how do I toggle the disk browser visibility or instrument box visibility or instrument details visibility?

-- Diskbrowser Panel.
renoise.app().window.disk_browser_is_visible, _observable
  -> [boolean]

-- InstrumentBox.
renoise.app().window.instrument_box_is_visible, _observable
  -> [boolean]

-- Instrument Editor detaching.
renoise.app().window.instrument_editor_is_detached, _observable
  -> [boolean]

The information is in Renoise.Application.API.lua

In a function, check if it is false, then equal to true:

function disk_browser_visible()
  if ( renoise.app().window.disk_browser_is_visible == false ) then
    renoise.app().window.disk_browser_is_visible = true
  end
end

Erm, isn’t there just a little arrow box on the UI for toggling their visibility? Why all the code above?

1 Like

Erm, isn’t there just a little arrow box on the UI for toggling their visibility? Why all the code above?

I guess he is in the process of building a tool, since this forum is about the scripting API, not about the Renoise interface…

query, are there API methods for resizing the size of instrument box + disk browser? or the volume scopes? not just changing them visible=true/false

hi, i asked this on theTec: Scripting API Development Q&Aforum, which is for Renoise API function calls done using LUA. I’m attempting to automate the opening and closing of these from midicontrols and keyboard shortcuts, but Renoise3 changed a great deal post-Renoise2.8, unfortunately, which meant that some of the api functions changed and my tool (ezmaximizespectrum for instance) stopped working. I’m still looking to replicate it using Renoise3.1.

query, are there API methods for resizing the size of instrument box + disk browser? or the volume scopes? not just changing them visible=true/false

I’m not 100% sure, but I do not think so.It is not possible to change the size.If possible, it would be in the documentRenoise.Application.API.lua.You can have control of the size of your tool, if you use a floating window, using the Viewbuilder, but I suppose it is far from his purposes.

I guess he is in the process of building a tool, since this forum is about the scripting API, not about the Renoise interface…

oh, my bad! I clicked on this post from the sidebar and had no idea which subforum it was in, apologies!

1 Like

oh, my bad! I clicked on this post from the sidebar and had no idea which subforum it was in, apologies!

Quiet, I already guessed.Sometimes happens… :smiley:

no worries!
yeah, must’ve felt a bit weird seeing this post. “it’s already in the gui! whatchoo on about?!” :slight_smile:

i’m basically trying to use scripting to configure Renoise to work the way I want it to work, which has it’s own rewards… and downsides, when the Renoise API does not have functions for the stuff I’d love it to have functions for.

fyi I’ve been using a tool made by danoise years ago which when enabled will automatically minimize the diskop when a songfile is loaded. Perhaps interesting to look into the code, found it here on github; https://github.com/bjorn-nesby/org.oscillity.MinimizeDiskOps

1 Like

Thanks Jonas for the link. I went in there and checked it out, which was kinda fun cos it showed me the value of having preferences in a tool, and that debug aspect of it was interesting too, but the bit that was important was this:

renoise.tool().app_new_document_observable:add_notifier(function() 
  if preferences.enabled.value then 
    renoise.app().window.disk_browser_is_visible = false
  end
end)

unfortunately - while i already have “keep sequence sorted = false” on the app_new_document_observable, which is good and useful, I’m not sure how to proceed so that any instrument added to any instrument box would shoot a function.

The “set a set of settings when launching a new song or loading a previous song” is pretty hot though.

I wonder if it could be used to populate midi mappings across songs, as that’s something that I’ll really need to have access to, eventually. As in, I could build a song template with midi mappings, which’d be great, for midi mappings to tool functions, but to have them auto-loaded into current songs (even destructively, since i never map anything to midi in any song), would be awesome.

I wonder if that’s possible.