danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6572 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 12 January 2018 - 18:05

latest-redux-v1.02.gif

A bugfix release for Redux (v1.02) has arrived. 
It's a minor version bump, which aims to fix a number of issues - most notably these two: 

[Fixed] The shortcut for "play from current line" in the phrase editor was broken
[Fixed] Importing DSP effect presets from Renoise 3.1 should work now

https://backstage.renoise.com/

*The release is currently available to registered users only - demo version will arrive shortly.
  • Skyscape, Chris Edberg, joule and 7 others like this

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#2 m.arthur

m.arthur

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:EBM, IDM, industrial, radiophonic & beyond

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:41

Hey danoise, 

I just tested out loading / importing DSP effect presets from Renoise 3.1, and that seems to work fine now, awesome!

FYI -- not to give you a new headache so soon -- but try re-naming anything in the program that can be renamed (FX chain, instrument, anything where you enter text) and see what happens. For me, the new text is shown overlapping the old text up until you hit enter, at which point the new text appears as it should, but it can look very awkward while typing! Thought you should know.

-M

Edited by m.arthur, 13 January 2018 - 06:42.

music composition services: holloway.media

old-school industrial music:  dead when i found her

#3 realist

realist

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3092 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 14:49

Hey danoise, 

I just tested out loading / importing DSP effect presets from Renoise 3.1, and that seems to work fine now, awesome!

FYI -- not to give you a new headache so soon -- but try re-naming anything in the program that can be renamed (FX chain, instrument, anything where you enter text) and see what happens. For me, the new text is shown overlapping the old text up until you hit enter, at which point the new text appears as it should, but it can look very awkward while typing! Thought you should know.

-M

Same here. 8 macros still :( Why not 256? 16 per page, and 16 buttons, M1-M16 :)

Just had a crash in Redux GUI after closing the GUI, reproducible almost always after a short time and resizing gui:

VstPlugs: Trying to instantiate '/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST/Renoise_Redux.vst/Contents/MacOS/Redux'...
VstPlugs: Plugin is a Mach-O executable...
VstPlugs: Analyzing VST plugin 'Renoise: Redux', Unique ID:1381123160, Version:2400
VstPlugs: Plugin supports extended string<>parameter conversions
VstPlugs: Instantiate OK
VstPlugs: CreateInstance succeeded
VstPlugs: Opening custom cocoa editor window for plug 'Renoise: Redux'...

VstPlugs: Cocoa Editor window for plug 'Renoise: Redux' was closed

VstPlugs: Caught exception in VSTPlug::Dispatch

Warning Message: Ouch. The VST plugin 'Renoise: Redux (from Renoise)' crashed in VST event/function: 'Dispatch', Thread: 'GUI'
Warning Message: IMPORTANT: This is a fatal error. Please save the current document under a !new! name to prevent losing important data. Renoise will silently ignore any following errors from this plug-in.
Warning Message: DO NOT IGNORE THIS ERROR; DO NOT CONTINUE USING THE PLUGIN. THIS CAN DESTROY YOUR SONG OR CAUSE OTHER RANDOM CRASHES AND PROBLEMS!
Warning Message: It's most likely that this is a bug in the VST plugin, so please report this problem to the authors of this plugin in order to get the problem fixed!

After that message I reloaded Redux, and the resizing was a lot more slow, including black screen while resizing. After reloading Renoise, resizing is back normal.

Steps to reproduce:

- Renoise 3.1.1 64bit macos 10.12.6, loading redux

- open gui, resize it to a very small size, leave it open for 30 secs

- close the gui and reopen it

- resize it to maximum size

- close the gui

- if it is not crashing, repeat the steps