2 replies to this topic

#1 Esox

Esox

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:10

Hi,

I have chosen Renoise recently as my new weapon of choice in making my music among other reasons for its nice and very complete "undo" function, but it's been a couple of tracks on which I experienced a bug with that function.

The undo menu does not display anything else than "undo change value", nothing more explicit, and actually it does not do anything if I press CTRL+Z.

I have read throughout the forum that some other people experienced that, and they explained it was because they used one particular VST, and I guess that could be the issue in my case, but I can't figure out which one fucks the thing up...

I'm posting this just to let it be known, and maybe anyone who develops the program could have a look over this bug and try to fix it for the upcoming releases of Renoise ?

And if by the way someone has an idea on which VST plugins I should beware of, or maybe we can start a "list" if we are many concerned and if you know which vst causes that bug...?

#2 Esox

Esox

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 21:24

Hi to anyone out there !

I finally found out what was the VST which created the bug and decided to post it here cause that might help anyone in the same case than me.

It's a free VST Synth called Genesis : 

If anyone who's more into programming than me wants to check why this vst creates bugs on the undo function, that might be good to know why it acts weird...

It's a pity cause it has a few very useful sounds and it sounds decent for a free vst IMO. I should maybe see how to use the "render plugin to instrument" function so I could still use its sounds without having to deal with these bugs...

#3 gentleclockdivider

gentleclockdivider

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2792 posts
  • Interests:slacking

Posted 04 February 2018 - 21:39

plugins created with synthedit can cause problems 

THERE IS NO RELIGION SUPERIOR TO THE TRUTH

THERE IS NO TRUTH SUPERIOR TO THE ONE I CHOOSE

C'EST MIEUX D'ETRE BELLE ET REBELLE