Beatmaker 3 for Ios until Sunday free instead of 27.99 € in the Apps

yesterday me the app mentioned here, coincidentally is now free until sunday

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/beatmaker-3/id1060317024?mt=8

@random thanks a lot for this! I used to use Beatmaker 2 some years back and it was cool till I got a real MPC setup. With 16pad controllers this latest version might just be worth it and you can’t complain for free:)
Btw did you try the Korg Gadget for Mac.

http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_gadget/

no, seems to be very popular

honestly, have not used apple for a long time and have not made any electronic music for years
my ipad is a gift from my parents, soon later i bought a mac book air because ios, itunes not really working on windows xp :smiley:

sometime at at a long train ride I played with the app ruismaker fm, that was a lot of fun
back at home i searched information to euclidean sequencer (its inside ruismaker fm) and found about google joule s thread here

https://forum.renoise.com/t/tool-idea-euclidean-rhythm-generator/46061
now i m also here

The problem with iPad Beamaker 3 is that to render to wav an internet connection is necessary ( render to dropbox ), and to transfer samples itunes is necessary, and there is no way to organise sample folders properly.

possibly audioshare solve the problem (have not tried it yet)

I know what you mean but I just get annoyed that a normal file system is not availiable on ipad…Why use audioshare when I could just use file explorer, open a folder, cut, copy, paste…or drag and drop…That is the way things should be. And transferring files to and from the computer should be as simple as plugging in an external harddrive. I hate itunes.

Android has all that, but it also has a latency problem until recently.

G-stomper is a nice android alternative to beatmaker 3.

The name sounds stupid but the functionality is impressive.

I know what you mean but I just get annoyed that a normal file system is not availiable on ipad…Why use audioshare when I could just use file explorer, open a folder, cut, copy, paste…or drag and drop…That is the way things should be. And transferring files to and from the computer should be as simple as plugging in an external harddrive. I hate itunes.

ask apple, i hate itune too

Android has all that, but it also has a latency problem until recently.

G-stomper is a nice android alternative to beatmaker 3.

The name sounds stupid but the functionality is impressive.

it is what it is

of course g-Stomber is great, good touchpad feel and many synthesizers on board,
but iit is not a beatmaker or mpc alternative for me, too different

There are lot of pendrives that are iOS compatible and work with a lot of apps in order to exchange or use external data like sample packs without going through iTunes. It shows up in the storage areas and you can choose to proceed from there. Have not used Beatmaker for it though so it can be hit miss.

I actually like iTunes purely for the security factor or using it via the company owned software and not via any 3rd party tool. Btw iExplorer is another software that works very similar to an iOS file explorer to copy and paste files to and fro from the MacBook filesystem. The benefit is you can access the entire iOS innards with it and it’s good for some forensics work too. Some security tools also go very deep into iOS but obviously musicians won’t be inclined to use those especially the iPad musicians;) Apple is all about hiding complexity and providing a simpler interface for a general mass user.

https://macroplant.com/iexplorer

of course g-Stomber is great, good touchpad feel and many synthesizers on board,

but iit is not a beatmaker or mpc alternative for me, too different

Yeah, you are right it is more like an electribe type setup.

@encryptedmind :

Apple is determined to fleece every last penny for peripherals and such things.

Its devices have become like a status symbol. Something like going around wearing flashy jewellery and making sure everyone can see.

I have much more respect for the guy with a battered 2010 netbook making music with trackers than the guys with a $1000+ macbook flashing it around and only know how to check emails and talking shit loudly about interior design or something so everyone can hear the “success”.

@lettuce: I do agree that the company policy and work ethics are largely in question and their 300 billion dollar in cash reserves looks like they have tax evaded very successfully from citizens dues and have not given their part to the state and are hoarding money. Also their products themselves have taken a strange design decision turn with them taking out peripherals and changing as and when they wish for no good reason other than money.

But I do like the hardware till now for what it is. I have been using PCs and laptops for so long that once I went Mac I really can’t go back. The screen and touch pad is really unparalleled in a Macbook and in terms of design ergonomics it’s really kool for creatives and for music making and PDF reading and analysis or book writing or even web surfing. Most people reply to emails on their phone too so it’s not the only demarcation of the use of a MacBook! But I hear you in that Apple stuff is also mostly used to just showoff and it’s very possible that a Nouveau riche bloke just got it yesterday to check his gfs pics and strut down the street holding one while having no computing skill whatsoever but thinks that ‘hey I got money and style’… nothing wrong in that though…you see a geek can shine on a netbook AND a MacBook, but a hipster will only temporarily shine with a MacBook and just cannot flaunt a netbook. The hipster will never learn anything though because he is obsessed with the exterior and mostly entertainment and not for productive use beyond his business and personal communication. Well it takes all kinds…

Rick Beato gave up on MacBook and other Apple hardware for similar reasons and many are working on a Hackintosh running on a PC hardware.

I totally understand someone who chooses a macbook because they are a logic user. Logic is a great DAW so I cant be a hater when it comes to logic users who use a macbook. However, it just pisses me off when I see all these apple fanboys with all that computing power in front of them and all they can do is check emails and watch videos.

I’ll admit the casing is nice on the macbooks but I cant say the same for the operating system.

Also the chipset is intel anyway, so why not a nice PC that can run VSTi’s and is not limited to apples stupid Audio Units?

Every step of the way, from peripherals, word processors, Audio units…every step of the way there is a problem that can only be solved by pouring money at it with apple. They are conmen at apple, with their turtle-neck sweaters, skinny jeans and ‘genius’ seminars. I’m not feeling it at all. It all represents the bad vibes emanating from those who cheat or trick customers by gaining their trust and persuading them to believe something that is not true.

You can get a decent first generation i5 ( i5-3000 series ) these days for about $200.

They run renoise nicely, and unlike a netbook you can run a few vsti’s at the same time without rendering vsti to .wav.

Honestly, I’ve seen better musicians who only have a PDA running milkytracker, but got creative with it…than all these iPad musicians coming up with the same tired preset based bullshit trap beats all the time. Shit is too swanky, too glossy. Shit is weak yo.