If you write automation using LUA API, it will be split into multiple undo steps. Also undo / redo action will cause crashes / freezes.
Steps to reproduce:
1. Install ffx.tools.GUIAutomationRecorder V1.10
2. Enable "Automation Following" song option
3. Load a song with a VSTi. Play a pattern in loop and right click on an instrument which is playing and select "Record GUI controls"
4. Move one slider over the whole pattern.
5. End edit mode. Tool notifiers will be terminated then.
6. One time press undo. Strange changes in automation appear.
7. One time press redo. The result is not the same.
8. Multiple times undo / redo. Should freeze or crash Renoise
9. Repeat the whole thing this time disable "Automation Following" song option. Compare results. If the results are the same, repeat again.
With "Automation Following" enabled, the undo history will be fucked up, and the start values will be filled in randomly.
Without "Automation Following", the undo history will be correct. But still it will crash on undo/redo action.
EDIT: regarding the "Automation Following" + automation write problem: test it with the above tool, only with playing disabled. The problem will be obvious then with enabled "Automation Following". The just changed point with jump back to the sliders value. This also happens while playing, but then sometimes also not or much less...
Some art, drawings beyond logic:
[attachment=7940:Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-30 um 14.53.20.PNG]
[attachment=7941:Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-30 um 15.24.35.PNG]
[attachment=7942:Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-30 um 15.27.12.PNG]
[attachment=7943:Bildschirmfoto 2018-01-30 um 15.24.43.PNG]
Edited by ffx, 31 January 2018 - 01:09.