Add some tools in the new Renoise update?

I’ve been thinking…

The renoise-zip-download in backstage contains the program BUT ALSO samples,instruments and demo songs…

Wouldn’t it be cool if the next update will contain some tools too?
Maybe some of the tool creators wouldn’t mind to have their tools in the zipfile…

It would. I sent a message to danoise to ask why renoise-team-made tools are not built-in

Few third party tools should be there as well.

All in all I agree with you

I don’t agree.

I think it’s a smarter solution to have a native tool manager that lists/installs/uninstalls tools from an online repository. Like in the atom editor and other software. Those things are rather gratifying and a very tangible way to add percieved value to the software.

I don’t agree.

I think it’s a smarter solution to have a native tool manager that lists/installs/uninstalls tools from an online repository. Like in the atom editor and other software. Those things are rather gratifying and a very tangible way to add percieved value to the software.

Why do I have the impression that something like this existed at some point? Did it?

That would very simply possible by modifying the tool updater and the server xml script a tiny bit: the updater with an extra tab “available” and the xml-php-script with an additional switch “getall”.

And the list view in the updater would be a perfect candidate for danoise’s vlib table view.

I believe that as it is now, it is fine. A poorly programmed tool can influence the performance and stability of Renoise.Who classifies the tools without errors? Most tools have small errors. This does not favor stability.

In addition, it would be adding the effort of some users so that others profit. It does not seem very reasonable.

The best thing here is to wait for people to share better tools, taking care of those mistakes (there are many), and stop talking nonsense and update Renoise with improvements in what already exists.If Renoise had more continuity of updates, it would be an additional incentive for users to build better tools.If you want a tool, download it and install it!If you want more features or better features, you know how this is…

We don’t believe in updates here

Why do I have the impression that something like this existed at some point? Did it?

The Tool Updater and UpdateChecker tools are both bundled with Renoise, so yes.

They’re tools, so not native of course - but if it acts like one and feels like one… smile.png

It would. I sent a message to danoise to ask why renoise-team-made tools are not built-in

Few third party tools should be there as well.

Yes, and let me answer here as well: I agree that some tools are really useful, but few are useful to everyone.

There are several niche tools, also among the Renoise Team ones (e.g. Duplex).

Worse still, if they were bundled you would have out-of-date tools being shipped. Personally, I would find that annoying.