instruments comments get lost after dragging?

It seems to me that instruments comments will be lost after dragging the instrument to another slot… It works for duplicating…

Can you replicate this?

Related bug has been reported , where moving instruments screws up the mid out .

But I can’t replicate your bug .

You mean ?

-name instrument

-switch places

Here the names stay the same when switched , aslo the sample names

Hm no,

since 3.1 or so, Renoise API supports a command per instrument, too! But you only can get/set it through API. There was a tool for checking the values (I think it was made by danoise).

I mean here, that this comment will disappear, as soon as the instrument was moved/dragged. But it should stay automatically, because it is related to the instrument.

I mean here, that this comment will disappear, as soon as the instrument was moved/dragged. But it should stay automatically, because it is related to the instrument.

FYI I can’t reproduce that here (3.1.1).

7954 instrcomments.gif

I remember a previous problem with the names of instruments, that the names were lost, possibly when changing the slot, but they were the names of plugins. I mean, it had to do with the plugin. I think that was a bug that was solved.

It has nothing to do with this issue, right?

Are you loading plugins in the instruments?

Thanks guys,

must be a bug in my code then hehe. Anyway using song comment now since such data would be visible in the instrument preset browser, which is kind of ugly…