trouble after installation (Linux)

Hello! I’ m brand new here and I need help already, please. I bought Renoise 3.1! The installation succeeded but I can’t launch the program, I get a message saying -pardon me french-
‘bash: /usr/local/bin/renoise: impossible d’exécuter le fichier binaire: Erreur de format pour exec()’
which would perhaps translate to ‘cannot execute binary file; format error for exec()’ ?
I tried a different version (2.8 - DOA) prior to this, so I’m suspecting maybe this is why 3.1 doesn’t start?
2.8 works fine on this computer (Pentium IV 3GHz!), I’m pretty new to Linux (Lubuntu Xenial Xerus) but I have Alsa and Jack and all that sorted: this should work.
What should I do?

Actually 2.8 is the best version, imo

…other than that there are some #linux users, who can surely help.

Welcome!

How did you launch the program? Can you go into your /home directory and look for renoise there? Double Click renoise file… what happens?

Thanks guys! I’ve tried launching Renoise via start menu, via terminal, and I’ve also tried double clicking the executable inside ~/rns_3_1_1_linux_x86_64. It’s the same result everytime, It doesn’t start.

What’s wrong with Renoise latest versions?

Welcome!

Does your CPU support 64 bit? Did you try the 32 bit version too?

Doh. I thought I dowloaded the 32 bits version but now that I’m downloading again, I see I had that wrong. Many thanks for pointing this out!

Welcome!

Why do you favor 2.8 over 3.1 ?

Why do you favor 2.8 over 3.1 ?

There are some toolz & scripts that only work with 2.8.2 & this is the last version which handles old #vsts properly, like 32bit, synthedit ones & doesnt eat up the cpu while doing so…so it more personal preferences (imo) not saying the newer versions are bad at all, its just my personal choice & workflow, me likes more.