Renoise Beginners - How to make retrowave in Renoise

hi crew in this video i’m showing you guys how to start creating your own #synthwave, #retrowave type synth sounds using only built it stuff in Renoise. the video its around 50min so if you want to preview 1st …the resulting sounds jump to around 42-44 min in the video hope you like this. This genre its becoming the sound im after in my project Land of Bits any doubts concerning the sound design or the drum sounds please let me know in the comments !!!

Renoise project File: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10IR…

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10IRtnJ7wWWId9NJ9QKCczSdBsdZHIO2P

Man…

Renoise Beginners - How to make serious GliTCH in Renoise

:drummer: :drummer: :drummer:

Man…

Renoise Beginners - How to make serious GliTCH in Renoise

:drummer: :drummer: :drummer:

yeiii - im working on something but …its using Reaktor :frowning: …need to dig into creating more complex chains using the beat repeaters and ring mod

but if you own reaktor i have a cool trick for you :slight_smile:

Unfortunately Me doesnt own #Reaktor…fortunately I Do own #Renoise :rolleyes:

Glitch should be done with just renoise anyway :wink:

Unfortunately Me doesnt own #Reaktor…fortunately I Do own #Renoise rolleyes.gif

My chief above all them other chiefs kind words.

Glitch should be done with just renoise anyway :wink:

i also think there is no need in limiting ourselfs people don’t care if you Use Renoise of Ableton as long as the music its cool !!!

i was watching a video yesterday about Richard Devine’s studio tour with Future music !! im not comparing myself to him but …this ways uses an studio that costs thousands of dollars to make music that can be done with a laptop a a couple of plugins !!

so if anyone is serious about their goals in music …its ok to spend some money on a few vst’s just to get the job done …faster :slight_smile:

I was more talking about not using plugins within renoise…
not about whatever DAW you use :slight_smile:
But hey, I’m a stubborn conservative linux user. so maybe its just because i can not use all these fancy plugins :wink:

i also think there is no need in limiting ourselfs people don’t care if you Use Renoise of Ableton as long as the music its cool !!!

i was watching a video yesterday about Richard Devine’s studio tour with Future music !! im not comparing myself to him but …this ways uses an studio that costs thousands of dollars to make music that can be done with a laptop a a couple of plugins !!

so if anyone is serious about their goals in music …its ok to spend some money on a few vst’s just to get the job done …faster smile.png

Not a member of YouTube so can’t subscribe, but you make a fine tutorial bro!
That was a great sound design and track-building tutorial with a great-sounding result :walkman:

thanks bro it means a lot …i know im still new …in terms of the time i’ve been using Renoise …but im always looking on how to make …better tutorials and upload better content !!!

there’s no much content for Renoise in youtube …so it sucks …:frowning:

@Land of BitsThanks for that! One question: The kick that you added in your pluck synth was just to add a bit more attack at the beginng, right? So it’s not related to the signal follower.

@Land of BitsThanks for that! One question: The kick that you added in your pluck synth was just to add a bit more attack at the beginng, right? So it’s not related to the signal follower.

thanks bro :slight_smile:

well no the kick sound was just to use it as a trigger signal inside the instrument …you can route the different samples to different chains and at the end of the Fx chain there is a utility volume fader that can set to -inf volume

so the signal follower can receive the sounds but it doesn’t conflict with the actual sound that we are creating

in this case i was using it to use it as a one shot kind of envelope to trigger the filters …since there are no envelope meta devices that you can use in the fx tab

that’s a good solution that we can use …if you don’t want to automate everything by hand

note: it doesn’t have to be a kick you can use whatever you want …assign it to a modulation set …and then shape the volume with an envelope …you can even randomize …this envelope so you get

diff modulations since we are affecting the source trigger !!!

a pretty cool way to create pads and other more complicated sounds !

@Land of Bits: Ok, thanks! I will watch it again and try to figure it out.