Photo

How to debug "Unkown LUA interpreter error occurred"?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ___

___

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3352 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 18:16

How to debug this:             #63            

Test system: macOS 10.13.4, HFS+. Firewire Audio, i7 4770, 8GB Ram, GTX1050 2GB, 48kHz

#2 joule

joule

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1725 posts
  • Interests:music, philosophy, engineering

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:20

Trying to determine where it happens in the code... Normally it should suffice to insert print statements at various places to track the line or function down.

If this isn't possible - the error must be kind of "global", meaning that nothing at all executes - like an error that is already triggered when script/functions are "pre-compiled" to bytecode. Then it becomes a tedious task hunting that function down by temporarily cutting stuff out until, at least, the compilation starts working.

#3 ___

___

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3352 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 09:53

Hm, thats true, or inserting a Print, until nothing returns. It works for Rex files, not for the rest. I barely have any files in that fileformat.

Test system: macOS 10.13.4, HFS+. Firewire Audio, i7 4770, 8GB Ram, GTX1050 2GB, 48kHz

#4 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6844 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:30

Perhaps related to sliced processing / lua coroutines? 

I would suspect that the file-format tool would use such a thing to avoid blocking the UI. 

In such a case, you might get a better / more detailed error report by disabling this feature. 

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud