Photo

Anyone here using a yamaha qy700 with renoise?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 huye

huye

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:19

So this machine has been really appealing to me lately and i started to think of actually getting one. Anyone here have any experience with this machine? The way im thinking of using it,is building sequences on the machine then sampling that into renoise. Any thoughts on the machine itself or how to use it are welcome

#2 gentleclockdivider

gentleclockdivider

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2857 posts
  • Interests:slacking

Posted 26 February 2018 - 16:59

User renoised has one 

THERE IS NO RELIGION SUPERIOR TO THE TRUTH

THERE IS NO TRUTH SUPERIOR TO THE ONE I CHOOSE

C'EST MIEUX D'ETRE BELLE ET REBELLE

QUE MOCHE ET REMOCHE

RUBIO RABIA

#3 huye

huye

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 19:47

Yeah with some looking around in the forums i have seen him post about hes qy700. Not sure though if he uses it with renoise or not

#4 gentleclockdivider

gentleclockdivider

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2857 posts
  • Interests:slacking

Posted 26 February 2018 - 22:53

I always wanted one , could have snagged one up a couple of  months ago ...didn't do it .

Now I regret it ...

THERE IS NO RELIGION SUPERIOR TO THE TRUTH

THERE IS NO TRUTH SUPERIOR TO THE ONE I CHOOSE

C'EST MIEUX D'ETRE BELLE ET REBELLE

QUE MOCHE ET REMOCHE

RUBIO RABIA

#5 Renoised

Renoised

Big Masta Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 20:19

As gentleclockdivider points out, I do have one, and although I've never used it with Renoise personally, there's no reason not to.  It's the most important piece of hardware I have, in fact I intend to produce complete albums on it.  There's nothing stopping you doing what you want to do.  Personally, I could go on for fucking days about how awesome the QY700 is, but really, the best way to get an idea of it's power is to just download the owner's manual and have a good read of it (see link).

YAMAHA QY700 Owner's Manual (Full English Version) : DOWNLOAD

YAMAHA QY700 Reference Listings (Full English Version) : DOWNLOAD

Edited by Renoised, 04 March 2018 - 20:25.

#6 Loolarge

Loolarge

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 13:02

I got one but also have not used it in conjunction with Renoise yet.

I bought it on eBay some months ago but have honestly not used it too much yet. The intent was having a dedicated linear midi sequencer to complement grid based sequencers (renoise and the octatrack). I'll try using it more.

The pattern/phrase mode seems quite cool as well as the autoacompaniment system. I have no plans to sell it back.

I have to admit that I partly bought it just based on peoples praising on various forums but I am not sure how to get the most out of it yet.

Also, some have installed usb-based floppy emulation hardware which I considered too.

Sorry to be not more useful in terms of experience with the device.

#7 Renoised

Renoised

Big Masta Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 20:58

Never felt the need to do that, it's only MIDI data so floppy storage is easily sufficient for QY700 data.  Plus, I like being able to archive my QY700 stuff on floppies, sort of like a library.  A USB drive would be handy for transfering MIDI files, but I've never needed to do that.  I did buy one of those USB floppy disk drives though, just in case I wanted to load QY700 floppies into my main PC, but again, don't know why I bothered cause I've never actually needed to do that.  Same with the A3000 Sampler, I kept the original floppy drive installed, and instead, I replaced the internal SCSI-HD with a modern SD-Card based flash storage HD, which is just brilliant cause it brings the sampler up to modern storage specs for storing long samples.

BTW, I used to have a YAMAHA AW1600 from new, loved it, and often wish I hadn't sold it.

Edited by Renoised, 05 March 2018 - 20:59.