maYbe command on pitch down is neglected

Example .1 maYbe command on pictch down is always neglected …( always pitch down )

The maybe command is in note effect collumn , pitch down is in note panning collumn

While maYbe on reverse does work…

IRhr1BC.jpg

9HxmAUb.jpg

Inserting maYbe and picth down in the global effects column doesn’t work either .

So no maybe pitch down ?? :frowning:

The maYbe command is restricted to triggering notes.

So…why it works on the reverse command, I don’t know.

I can only guess that, behind the scenes, the Bxx command is technically retriggering the note.

Will have to check with the powers-that-be (taktik) to offer a proper explanation to this.

Yeah , it even works on reversing phrases .

So you think the reverse command is technically re-triggering the note , wouldn’t it be more plausible that the reverse command knows where the (sample ) pointer is , and from there executes it’s command ?

It would be great if we had a hierarchical approach for the global effect collumns , just a couple of Y commands could yield great unpredicatable results /

Is taktik still alive ?

Anyway , thanks …

Even if the maYbe command did work on the initial D1 command, everything that happened afterwards would basically be ruined anyway.

The pitch commands remember the last value that was passed into them, and will continue applying that value when you do something like D0 or U0.

So all it would take is for the maYbe’d D1 command to randomly trigger once, and then all other D0 commands that followed would continue to apply the D1 value, regardless if future maYbe commands triggered or not.

Even if the maYbe command did work on the initial D1 command, everything that happened afterwards would basically be ruined anyway.

The pitch commands remember the last value that was passed into them, and will continue applying that value when you do something like D0 or U0.

So all it would take is for the maYbe’d D1 command to randomly trigger once, and then all other D0 commands that followed would continue to apply the D1 value, regardless if future maYbe commands triggered or not.

I am aware of the 00 repeats the previous values ,

And that’s exactly what I was hoping for , if it gets ruined , a note off would fix that.

I am aware of the 00 repeats the previous values ,
And that’s exactly what I was hoping for , if it gets ruined , a note off would fix that.

What I mean is that it would only take the D1 being maYbe’d once in your song, and then it would always be applied in all instances after that, simply due to the D0 commands that follow it memorising the D1 value from before.

If you moved that whole block of D1/D0 commands into a phrase instead, and then triggered the phrase with a maYbe command, that would help to isolate the behaviour and only apply the full pitch down when the maYbe command was triggered.

But if that quirky behaviour is indeed what you wanted in the first place, then it’s of course a different story, haha.

Either way, something strange is going on here with the maYbe and pitch command.

move the random descision up one node in the probability tree.

duplicate the note, trigger both with mutually exclusive mode.

one has the pitch bend on its line. the other one not.

Yes , a good workaround .

But let’s hear from taktik why the maYbe command does work on reverse and not on pitch up/down …and if it’s fixable