Renoise doesn't see some plugins

Hi there,

Some of the plugins in my MacintoshHD/Library/Audio/Plug-ins folder aren’t present in the plugin dropdown menu inside of Renoise. [Renoise v 3.1 64-bit.]

I’ve set the path inside of the Renoise plugin preferences (screenshot attached) and re-scanned.

Opened Ableton and all of the plugins were loaded, so the problem must be with a setting in Renoise.

Has anyone had a similar experience or know what could be the issue?

Are they VST3 perhaps? Those aren’t supported as far as i know yet.

Thanks for the reply Bellows, I have both a VST3 folder and VST - the plugin I’m trying to load features in both folders, so I guess Renoise should support it.

UPDATE: I have found the plugins. So they don’t appear in the main Editor’s plugin list. However once inside an Instrument’s sample editor, they are all there.

UPDATE: I have found the plugins. So they don’t appear in the main Editor’s plugin list. However once inside an Instrument’s sample editor, they are all there.

Once inside the sample editor? That sounds weird, but i think i’m not fully understanding what you are saying. Do you say you find the VSTs when you are in the instrument fx chain view, but not in the main pattern editor view?

Plugin Effects only show up in the plugin list for Track DSPs, Sampler DSP chains, and so on.

Plugin Instruments only show up in the plugin list for the main instrument editor.

Certainly not the first time someone has been a bit confused by the separate plugin lists, but quite easy to understand once you learn about it.

(Plugin aliases obviously introduce another layer of complexity, but that’s another topic…)

I got confused by what he said about the sample editor, but i assume then that he was really talking about the plugin editor and was looking for VST instruments, not VST effects in the sampler. :slight_smile: