Photo

Renoise VST 2.x plugin loading mechanism on Linux? (VST loading fails)

vstplugin-development linux

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rpls

rpls

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:tracker software..

Posted 19 March 2018 - 21:02

I'm building a shared library (VST 2.x plugin) on Linux that links with Intel MKL math library. I have an own test loader that loads and executes library commands without problems (dlopen(shared_library,RTLD_NOW|RTLD_GLOBAL), func = dlsym, execute func). 

But when I start Renoise Tracker and it tries to execute commands in the VST 2.x plugin it stops to the following error message: "Intel MKL FATAL ERROR: Cannot load libmkl_mc3.so or libmkl_def.so."

The VST plugin should be properly linked with Intel MKL library and the LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to point to MKL library directories.

Do someone know how Renoise loads VST 2.x plugins on Linux? I've compiled many programs with Intel MKL and they work fine. I think Renoise either uses some special parameters when using dlopen() or sets environment so that libraries cannot be found and/or Intel MKL then tries to load some other libraries than normally.

Other libraries linked with my VST plugin in normal locations like /usr/lib seem to work and load properly.

#2 LOLFAIL

LOLFAIL

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 23:10

this should be dropped to:

http://forum.renoise...development-qa/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vstplugin-development, linux