27 replies to this topic

#26 lettuce

lettuce

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 20:24

The multitouch fingers mode is great to use once you get used to it.

It seems a bit weird at first after coming to it from software that uses keyboard.

Once you know the layout well its a bit like using hardware or something.

There are menus on the left hand side and the right hand side, so if you have your tablet placed on a table you can use sunvox with both hands...

Navigating around the pattern editor with the left hand and entering notes or effects with the right hand, or playing keys with left

hand and adjusting parameters with right hand.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is quite well designed for two handed touchscreen only use.

Some things that might confuse people when first using it are that it doesnt have a mixer screen and that phrases are separate projects within modules.

Its a weird program but its definitely worth the time in my opinion.

Its not as good for touch only use on small screens. Needs an 8" tablet or more ( the bigger the tablet the more tracks or modules fit on screen ). It could do with jump to next / previous track buttons for small screens ( like tab or shift + tab ).

Edited by lettuce, 27 March 2018 - 20:27.

#27 zookthespook

zookthespook

• Normal Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:12

Reaper + Renoise for me is one of the most powerful unions of DAW + Tracker

I have both and i am slowly trying get Renoise actively in my  music production workflow 

REaper+REnoise+REwire = win

reaper claims to work well with multitouch but on my SurfacePro either i haven't configured it right or its not intuitive enough 

and apart from that Touch is more for mouse movement replacement, Renoise is a Keyboard friendly work environment

Edited by zookthespook, 27 October 2018 - 12:32.

• Neurogami likes this

#28 Neurogami

Neurogami

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Interests:Art, music, technology

Posted 27 October 2018 - 18:27

Reaper + Renoise for me is one of the most powerful unions of DAW + Tracker
I have both and i am slowly trying get Renoise actively in my  music production workflow 

REaper+REnoise+REwire = win

reaper claims to work well with multitouch but on my SurfacePro either i haven't configured it right or its not intuitive enough 
and apart from that Touch is more for mouse movement replacement, Renoise is a Keyboard friendly work environment

Right on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cubasis, reaper, sony acid