Redux 1.0.2 (Linux) not accepting Program Changes unless Redux GUI is

Hi,

I’m doing program changes in a clip and I’ve noticed that they aren’t being invoked in the Redux VST. What is happening is that the program in the VST properties tab in Waveform 9 is being used.

The thing is that if I then open up the GUI for the Redux VST, THEN it will receive and change programs! Close the VST’s gui and it then just plays the last program instead of listening to program change messages.

I’m running native plugins and Waveform under Ubuntu 17.10.

Tested it out under Windows 10 and it works as expected.

I downloaded a demo of another Linux DAW and had the same results. I then downgraded the Redux plugin to the previous version and it now works fine in Waveform 9 (and the other DAW).

Cheers,

Gavin

I’m having the exact same problem on Renoise, Bitwig and Waveform-9 ( I haven’t tried with any other Linux daws yet, but I expect the behavior to be similar )

I’m also using Redux-1.0.2.

I’m having the exact same problem on Renoise, Bitwig and Waveform-9 ( I haven’t tried with any other Linux daws yet, but I expect the behavior to be similar )

I’m also using Redux-1.0.2.

Hey there,

It only affects v1.0.2. If you go back to the previous version, this works fine.

Thanks @Gavin , I might try a parallel install with the 1.0.1 version installed to a different directory, just for use in Waveform.

Great , Waveform is able to find both my versions of Redux and version 1.0.1 does indeed fix the issue, thanks :slight_smile:

I hope that the Prog Change without the GUI being opened has been fixed in 1.1.0

I’ve tried the new version of Redux and this bug is still persists.
Oh well, back to 1.0.1. Sad boys.

It should work just fine in Bitwig and Renoise on Linux with Redux 1.1.
If it doesn’t work in Waveform-9, then they are not sending fxidle events to plugins. I’ll try to contact the tracktion guys to get that sorted out…

The other DAW I tried it on originally when I reported this was Bitwig.
Does that mean that Redux version 1.0.1 doesn’t rely of fxidle since it works as expected?

I guess there’s no more to be said here? Is there any point me trying Redux 1.1.1?

@taktik I’ve now tried this again. Redux 1.1.1 with Bitwig 3.2.1 and contrary to what you say, Redux does not accept the program change from Bitwig either. It looks like it’s not fxidle in this case.

It was working in the previous Bitwig versions. They screwed it with the latest upgrade to 3.1.