Question..help me ..crew !!!

Based on Neurogami ““swap chop”” tool to automate the insertion of volume between to adyacent columns…

Can the Xstream tool do the same but inserting the volume changes between two diff groups???

What im looking its basically a way to mashup two diff groups containing each diff tracks with diff rhytms and stuff…
But with an ease of use kinda like neurogami’s tool…

Not sure how the two groups relate to each other -

Guess I would have to check out this tool by Neurogami before I could answer that question.

I had looked at adding code to Chop Swap allow the swapping between groups. But the logic was getting convoluted.

Then I went and wroteAlternator, which solves the problem of figuring out what “adjacent” is supposed to mean. It only operates on a single track/group at a time.

https://github.com/Neurogami/renoise-ng/tree/master/lua/com.neurogami.Alternator.xrnx

With Alternator you select a track (either fx column or vol column) and a pattern for values to insert.

You then tell the tool to insert the commands.

You can stop right there, or go to another track/group and do the same thing. The tool will recall the last values used, and has an option to reverse the on/off values inserted. (Actually, it “rotates” values, which is the same as reversing, or swapping, if you have just 2 values)

To get the same behavior as Chop Swap you insert a pattern of volume on/off into track/group 1, go to track/group 2 and,using the the same values, tell it to rotate the on/off values before inserting them (using the same line pattern as before).

It requires a few more steps than Chop Swap, but offers a much great range of behavior.

Hit me up if you have questions.

Yet another reminder to self that I need to formally release more of my tools …

Thanks …yeii …ill try it as soon as i get to my place…
And give you my feedback…

Im using a lot
Xstream Swap chop and other tool that randomizes notes …?? !!!dont know the name now

But hey …super nice tools you guys…
Thanks again. Neurogami???