Renoise's Spectrogram as a VST (Redux)

I’m a HUGE fan of Renoise’s vertical spectrogram visualizer. I’ve used a few other spectrum visualizers (for example, IL Wave Candy), but none of them seem to convey as much frequency information, as accurately/clearly as Renoise’s. I would absolutely LOVE if Renoise’s spectrogram, with all of its settings, could be incorporated into Redux in some fashion. It could implemented as an effect to be dropped into one of Redux’s sample FX chains, or it could simply be a tab at the top of Redux’s GUI (the same way it is at the top of Renoise’s GUI), that visualizes the default output, or the Master out, or all of the outputs combined, or something along those lines.

I would even be happy to pay for a standalone version of the spectrogram! Just want to be free to use it for any VST-compatible programs :slight_smile:

Let me know if this can be done, or if anyone knows of a similar VST that I might be interested in :o

Thank you! :slight_smile:

~ M. O. Marmalade

I believe a properly configured mmultianalyzer (melda production) should do the job.
The single input version of the plugin is free (manalyzer) so you could try that out to see if it agrees with you.

If you want the ulimtae spectr,osciloscope etc …

Look at dmg audio trackmeter , it’s amazing …but it will set you back 45 euro .

But it’s worth it , grab the demo

https://dmgaudio.com/trackmeter

I believe a properly configured mmultianalyzer (melda production) should do the job.
The single input version of the plugin is free (manalyzer) so you could try that out to see if it agrees with you.

Haha! I already had the MFreeFXBundle installed, just never tried their analyzers until now XD thank you for the suggestion! Though, for the free version (the manalyzer), I would love it if I could get the sonogram to scroll vertically instead of being still underneath the curve graph.

If you want the ulimtae spectr,osciloscope etc …

Look at dmg audio trackmeter , it’s amazing …but it will set you back 45 euro .

But it’s worth it , grab the demo

https://dmgaudio.com/trackmeter

Duude, this thing looks pretty sick :o sadly though, the demo won’t allow testing the actual visualizers :\

Haha! I already had the MFreeFXBundle installed, just never tried their analyzers until now XD thank you for the suggestion! Though, for the free version (the manalyzer), I would love it if I could get the sonogram to scroll vertically instead of being still underneath the curve graph.

MMultianalyzer does that.

Duude, this thing looks pretty sick :o sadly though, the demo won’t allow testing the actual visualizers :\

well dmg audio is dave gamble …he is a genius…he coded for focusrite , sonalksis , brainworx and all the other big boys …

Couple of years ago he went solo with dmg audio …

These are really top notch products .

I am now demoing their track comp …real time circuit sim .of 4 vintage compressos ( ssl desk g , ssl track , teletronix and ua compressor )

It’s great …

Edit …the demo of the spectrum analyzer is 100% functional …upper left corner …choose mode

The 3d spectrogram is really nice …you can rotate the camera view … :slight_smile:

well dmg audio is dave gamble …he is a genius…he coded for focusrite , sonalksis , brainworx and all the other big boys …

Couple of years ago he went solo with dmg audio …

These are really top notch products .

I am now demoing their track comp …real time circuit sim .of 4 vintage compressos ( ssl desk g , ssl track , teletronix and ua compressor )

It’s great …

Edit …the demo of the spectrum analyzer is 100% functional …upper left corner …choose mode

The 3d spectrogram is really nice …you can rotate the camera view … :slight_smile:

Ah, I didn’t realize I needed a demo license X) got it working! :smiley: looks awesome! I might end up buying this sometime :smiley:

Still, Renoise’s Spectrogram just has something about it, something that makes it easy to look at and immediately get a feel for what’s happening. I think it could have a lot to do with the color schemes they made for it (especially the rainbow theme)

But thank you guys for the awesome suggestions! :slight_smile:

And maybe I’ll look into buying theMFXBundle sometime :slight_smile:

dmg track meter also has an oscilloscope, a 2D spectrumz analyzer etc , al the visul metering tools you can think of .

Colors are adjustable

dmg track meter also has an oscilloscope, a 2D spectrumz analyzer etc , al the visul metering tools you can think of .

Colors are adjustable

Yeah, I am definitely impressed with all the options in this plugin, in addition to the speed at which it does analysis (not very laggy like some other visualizers can be). I really like the look of the 3D Spectrograph, with Scheme set to “By Freq” :smiley: looks so colorful, reminds me of We <3 Katamari haha

But still, I would love to have Renoise’s Vizualizer for use as a VST

Hahaha dblue XD I need to shorten my interests XD I realized once I got replies on my original post, it’s not supposed to be that extensive haha

Hahaha dblue

Haha, damn notifications! BUSTED!!!

I was a few cocktails deep at the time and just thought the huge text looked quite silly.

I later decided that it wasn’t a big deal, so I just deleted my post :slight_smile:

S’all good!

1 Like

Haha, damn notifications! BUSTED!!!

I was a few cocktails deep at the time and just thought the huge text looked quite silly.

I later decided that it wasn’t a big deal, so I just deleted my post :slight_smile:

S’all good!

Hahaha caught you! XD XP haha my interests did look funny XD or obnoxious, depending on how you interpret it lol so I was gonna fix it anyway, just hadn’t done it yet :slight_smile:

I think you just have to push the tab labeled “sonogram” for that.

1 Like