51 replies to this topic

#51 lilith

lilith

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 01:11

Awesome, thanks!!! Looks much better !! I set it to 1.1. No prob....I'll go to KVR then... I really wonder how it's possible to pack so much into a 8MB program. 

Hey,

Yeah, Reaper 5.80 is now available and Landoleet as always has up-to-date Linux builds. Yes, it's super stable. I was almost persuaded to give it a go instead of Waveform and I still have it installed and play with it from time to time. I'm thinking I might buy it just the same although it wont be my preferred DAW.

Oh, onto you question. Reaper uses it's own GUI toolkit (like most others including Waveform & Renoise) and I found a setting I can set in the ~/.config/REAPER/reaper.ini file. Add the following in:

ui_scale=1.2 // scales the sizes in libSwell.colortheme
Put it up the top in with the other UI stuff and you should be goo to go on next run. It should go in the [.swell] section of the config file.

Btw, change the number (I use 1.2) to whatever works for you.

Just a forewarning, We are probably taking it too far discussing Reaper config changes in the Renoise forums. Maybe KVR would be a better place for this..... Just sayin'. We're both gonna end up in hot water here so I wont help you with this type of thing in this forum from here on. I don't wanna get kicked. :) I hope you understand.

Cheers,
Gav

• Gavin Graham likes this

#52 Gavin Graham

Gavin Graham

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:Chiptune, Bitpop, 8bit Core

Posted 27 April 2018 - 05:41

Awesome, thanks!!! Looks much better !! I set it to 1.1. No prob....I'll go to KVR then... I really wonder how it's possible to pack so much into a 8MB program. 

I'll see you over at KVR then from time to time. :)

Hey, I know a bit about software development and yet still, the compactness of their code is next level sort of stuff. Very impressive!

We can probably still talk more general terms here, just not on tech support stuff, I guess. (Waiting to get yelled at for saying that)

Edited by Gavin Graham, 27 April 2018 - 05:42.

Me on Soundcloud: My link