Godot - Game engine

I recently got my eyes up for Godot, an open source game engine that you can use for making all types games, either 2D or 3D.

It looks like you can do quite a lot even with minimal coding skills, but some scripting is required. I haven’t dived too deep into it yet, but it seems like it’s packed with a lot of great features.

So far i have followed a series on Youtube that shows you how to create the very basics of a platformer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wETY5_9kFtA&t

I made a basic character that can move around and jump and a crappy custom tileset i made into a ‘level’. This wasn’t very hard to do, especially not with everything nicely explained in the videos.

This has gotten me hooked and now i’m working on a small puzzle platformer that i think i should be able to complete one day, hoping to make it into a kickstarter project or something.

I have a full time job, so i don’t have all the time in the world for this, but it would be fun to do something like this instead of a regular day job one day.

So far i have designed a player character and a a whole level with doors and an elevator. The point is to get from A to B using different resources like switches, fuse boxes, light switches, etc. I haven’t figured out the whole puzzle yet, but i want to make it a bit hard to solve.

Here is a lo res preview of the level fully lit, i have’t made most of the props yet, but it has a few doors and an elevator so far:

5u1fCLy.png

The player starts at the bottom and he has to get to the room on top, but there are problems with the electricity and the fuses has blown out, so at first everything is pretty much completely dark. You will have to flip the fuses to get things working, when you flip the fuse one place, chances are they will blow out somewhere else. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone else here working on Godot or similiar, maybe someone with a bit of coding skills that might be interested in collaborating on a small project?

I saw the thead title and thought it would be about Gal Gadot. I feel kinda mislead and disappointed