4 replies to this topic

#1 ΔBįSƧȔš ṼØȊÐƎ

ΔBįSƧȔš ṼØȊÐƎ

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 04:45

I just had a small problem with overwriting data and thought I would share the quick and easy fix....

I saved progress of a file and after working on it some time noticed I had accidentally deleted a pattern.

I opened a previous version (always do this in case of needing to revert when doing major changes) and noticed the deleted pattern.

I was unable to open to versions of renoise to copy over the info, however, once I selecting and copied the notes in pattern editor, I closed the old version

and opened the new one to find it still on the clipboard and so I was able to copy all parts of the pattern over. I was also able to do this with automation.

Thought I'd share in case anyone else had something similar happen. Saved me a lot of hassle :)

┷┯┷┯┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┗┯┷ Ŧh̢ƏRę̡ I̕§ ̛B̢ë̕ΔÜt¥ i̷Й͟ ͘È̷ЯRØŔ̵ ͠ ä₦Ð MɐĢ͟iƆ !Ṇ͢ ӍΔLℲuИ¢Ț̡ï̸Ѻп ┯┷┯┯┷┷┯┷┷┗┷┷┯  

┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┯┷┗┷┯┷┷┷┷┗┯┷┯┯┷┷┯┷┗┷┗vaeprism.com┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┯┷┗┷┯┷┗┷┗┷┯┷┷┗┷┯┷┗┯

#2 TheBellows

TheBellows

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2575 posts
  • Interests:Jepp

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:21

I just had a small problem with overwriting data and thought I would share the quick and easy fix....

I saved progress of a file and after working on it some time noticed I had accidentally deleted a pattern.
I opened a previous version (always do this in case of needing to revert when doing major changes) and noticed the deleted pattern.
I was unable to open to versions of renoise to copy over the info, however, once I selecting and copied the notes in pattern editor, I closed the old version
and opened the new one to find it still on the clipboard and so I was able to copy all parts of the pattern over. I was also able to do this with automation.

Thought I'd share in case anyone else had something similar happen. Saved me a lot of hassle :)

I sometimes do similar, but i usually just open a new instance of Renoise, then i can easily jump back and forth, copying and pasting whatever i need. It's at least more efficient when you got more than one part you need to copy.

#3 ΔBįSƧȔš ṼØȊÐƎ

ΔBįSƧȔš ṼØȊÐƎ

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:43

I sometimes do similar, but i usually just open a new instance of Renoise, then i can easily jump back and forth, copying and pasting whatever i need. It's at least more efficient when you got more than one part you need to copy.

I tried to open another instance, but the 2nd one kept crashing. Perhaps there is something I'm not doing or can do to have two instances open? Either way I am grateful for the work around.

┷┯┷┯┷┷┗┯┷┯┷┗┯┷ Ŧh̢ƏRę̡ I̕§ ̛B̢ë̕ΔÜt¥ i̷Й͟ ͘È̷ЯRØŔ̵ ͠ ä₦Ð MɐĢ͟iƆ !Ṇ͢ ӍΔLℲuИ¢Ț̡ï̸Ѻп ┯┷┯┯┷┷┯┷┷┗┷┷┯  

#4 TheBellows

TheBellows

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2575 posts
  • Interests:Jepp

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:33

I tried to open another instance, but the 2nd one kept crashing. Perhaps there is something I'm not doing or can do to have two instances open? Either way I am grateful for the work around.

Hmm, i don't think it will work in Linux, but i never had that problem in Windows. The only problem is that i can't have ASIO running in both instances, so i must use directsound which lags a lot. I have no idea if it will work on a Apple computers.

Maybe there is some conflict in trying to use a VST in two different instances at the same time or something?

#5 ΔBįSƧȔš ṼØȊÐƎ

ΔBįSƧȔš ṼØȊÐƎ

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 20 April 2018 - 11:57

it could be a vst. track was pretty vst heavy. Or even asio. options tho thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: clipboard, recovery