Clipboard recovery

I just had a small problem with overwriting data and thought I would share the quick and easy fix…

I saved progress of a file and after working on it some time noticed I had accidentally deleted a pattern.

I opened a previous version (always do this in case of needing to revert when doing major changes) and noticed the deleted pattern.

I was unable to open to versions of renoise to copy over the info, however, once I selecting and copied the notes in pattern editor, I closed the old version

and opened the new one to find it still on the clipboard and so I was able to copy all parts of the pattern over. I was also able to do this with automation.

Thought I’d share in case anyone else had something similar happen. Saved me a lot of hassle :slight_smile:

I just had a small problem with overwriting data and thought I would share the quick and easy fix…

I saved progress of a file and after working on it some time noticed I had accidentally deleted a pattern.
I opened a previous version (always do this in case of needing to revert when doing major changes) and noticed the deleted pattern.
I was unable to open to versions of renoise to copy over the info, however, once I selecting and copied the notes in pattern editor, I closed the old version
and opened the new one to find it still on the clipboard and so I was able to copy all parts of the pattern over. I was also able to do this with automation.

Thought I’d share in case anyone else had something similar happen. Saved me a lot of hassle :slight_smile:

I sometimes do similar, but i usually just open a new instance of Renoise, then i can easily jump back and forth, copying and pasting whatever i need. It’s at least more efficient when you got more than one part you need to copy.

I sometimes do similar, but i usually just open a new instance of Renoise, then i can easily jump back and forth, copying and pasting whatever i need. It’s at least more efficient when you got more than one part you need to copy.

I tried to open another instance, but the 2nd one kept crashing. Perhaps there is something I’m not doing or can do to have two instances open? Either way I am grateful for the work around.

I tried to open another instance, but the 2nd one kept crashing. Perhaps there is something I’m not doing or can do to have two instances open? Either way I am grateful for the work around.

Hmm, i don’t think it will work in Linux, but i never had that problem in Windows. The only problem is that i can’t have ASIO running in both instances, so i must use directsound which lags a lot. I have no idea if it will work on a Apple computers.

Maybe there is some conflict in trying to use a VST in two different instances at the same time or something?

it could be a vst. track was pretty vst heavy. Or even asio. options tho thanks.