Fasttracker II clone

https://16-bits.org/ft2.php

Seems to be a usable work-in-progress, a clone of Fasttracker II

2 Likes

That is really awesome! Immediately hit with a wave of nostalgia as soon as I opened it up. I think Ft2 was my first true love <3 Nice to see its legacy carried on, feels really authentic, just as I remember it.

1 Like

Can you share a screenshot?

MilkyTracker’s XM playback is allegedly very accurate. Does this tracker claim to be better?

I guess I’m wondering what the point is here? Was the FT2 interface really that good? I mean, we already ported Nibbles to Lua… :slight_smile:

Link to MilkyTracker, just in case people have never seen it before:

https://milkytracker.titandemo.org/screenshots/

1 Like

MilkyTracker’s XM playback is not very accurate. Several effect commands aren’t implemented and some contain “bugs”.

The FT2 clone should probably be 100%, considering he got hold of the original source and is generally very picky about accuracy. I would assume OpenMPT is also accurate, or at least close to accurate, with the drawback of having a horrible GUI.

EDIT: That being said, I do prefer Milkytracker as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

16-bits version of FT2 is really nice and even supports sampling inside program, which Milkytracker to my knowledge still can’t do… Then again I prefer Schism Tracker for oldskool tracking thanks to its keyboard oriented interface.

I tried to get into OpenMPT some time ago but like Joule said, interface is just horrible with its Visual Basic looks. Renoise does a lot more and its interface is miles ahead. Of course OpenMPT has a very good compatibility with lots of different old module formats so it’s good for playback purposes.

well!!! Thats good work! Thank You! My regards

upd

Try to ProTracker and he dont work in OSX 10.13.4

1 Like

Can someone post a screenshot? Too paranoid (translation: lazy) to install an .exe file without access to the source code from some person I don’t know like it’s 1999.

Disclaimer: Irrational exceptions to the rule a plenty.

Found one.Crazy!

The FT2 clone should probably be 100%, considering he got hold of the original source and is generally very picky about accuracy.

How do you know this? The web page is very terse. I can’t find any info except two retweets, unversioned links to zip files, and a changelog.

I know it from IRC and/or FB.

• Added a missing Nibbles cheat code (I won’t tell how to trigger it :wink:

I don’t know, what people will do :rolleyes:

IMHO a big waste of programmer’s energy… :ph34r:

EDIT: Ok, this is not a big waste of time:https://pastebin.com/VHxZ58UC

Ah, but it’s only a few lines of code just to drive people crazy on how to activate the cheat in FT2 Nibbles :smiley: :wink:

I can totally understand why you think that, but the sad truth is that I don’t have anything better to do, and I’ve gotten a lot of positive feedback from making the FT2 clone. :slight_smile:

Also yes, my clone should be very accurate since I ported the original replayer and mixer from asm/Pascal to C. I care about small details more than what is healthy, to put it that way.

The source code for the clone is available these days btw, but it’s not going to be a nice read.

1 Like

The source code for the clone is available these days btw, but it’s not going to be a nice read.

If one thing from that project, the world can see what the Nibbles cheat is. I wasn’t far off, about 50 odd lines of code :slight_smile:

Hey8bitbubsy, what about a future composer player using VSTi?

Hmmm i’ll give this a try :wink: just fo’ fun! <3

Hey8bitbubsy, what about a future composer player using VSTi?

Sorry, but no. I have no experience with developing VSTi plugins, and it doesn’t really tempt me that much either.

How about adding filters and fast bounce track in project? Litlle hacks for more productivity.

Thnx

How about adding filters and fast bounce track in project? Litlle hacks for more productivity.

Thnx

I’m not going to add more features I think, especially not to the XM replayer. The point of the clone is that what you hear in the tracker is what you’re going to hear in real FT2 and other XM-compatible trackers/players as well. Trying to keep it authentic. :wink:

1 Like

Its for work not for final xm project