Scaler VST usage in Renoise

Scaler is a plugin that helps the composer write melodies and harmonies.

I was wondering if anyone had already used the it in Renoise. It seems to work well with typical horizontal DAWs, but I’m not sure if it will translate to a tracker. Also, if there is already a tool that does this in Renoise, what is it?

Here is a video of what Scaler does:

Yes, it’s working just fine. (As long as a MIDI plugin only uses one MIDI channel, it should work with Renoise). Regarding public tools I only know of the “scale finder” tool that will list chords in a scale.

A word of warning… The main problem I have with these kind of tools, that renders them useless to me, is that consideration of voicing/inversion is NEVER well integrated to their workflows (if any way at all). They are targeted at people with little theoretical knowledge, as simple and limited tools that will make you “stay in key”. Scaler is the best one I’ve encountered so far.

Yes, it’s working just fine. (As long as a MIDI plugin only uses one MIDI channel, it should work with Renoise). Regarding public tools I only know of the “scale finder” tool that will list chords in a scale.

A word of warning… The main problem I have with these kind of tools, that renders them useless to me, is that consideration of voicing/inversion is NEVER well integrated to their workflows (if any way at all). They are targeted at people with little theoretical knowledge, as simple and limited tools that will make you “stay in key”. Scaler is the best one I’ve encountered so far.

Cheers My G … I appreciate the info … I guess I’ll invest the dough and the time.

I bought it weeks ago, Is still in a semi-beta version, but I say It runs perfect in Renoise.
When you have your favourite progressions just drag into Renoise, and you will see the chords in a new pattern using as intrument your wavetable sound.

scaler-crash

But now with 2.8 version I get this screen.
2.7 was running perfect…