Hey guys, thank you for your responses.
I've done some tests and am able to give you more details.
- So first of all @dblue yes I have tried to increase latency. My sound card (Roland Duo-Capture Ex) allow max 13.1 millisec (576 samples).
It does reduce a bit the problem, but it is still here once I play a chord of more than 2 notes.
Before, I was at 4.4 millisec (192 samples) and I could play a chord of 5 notes before starting to have a little cracking sound.
- If I switch to my cheap Behringer UCA202 sound card and set the latency to 24 millisec, it is nearly playable but the latency begin to be a bit too much for live play (especially for finger drumming).
- @Conner_Bw If I switch to Asio4all and 11.6 millisec it reduce the problem a bit but I still hear the cracking sound.
- If I switch to Direct sound 50 millisec, the problem disappear and I can play a chord of 7 notes without any cracking sound... but the latency is way too much for live play.
@ffx I don't know what Spectre is. From what I have read online it is related to AMD, my computer has a Intel CPU.
So the problem is performance related for sure. The thing is I did not have this problem before and I didn't made any major changes to my computer or configuration.
I have try to follow a random guide that I found where the guy explain how to disable some windows 10 services to increase performances, but it didn't change anything.
I suppose the problem is related to my computer, not from Renoise specifically.
I am clueless about how to fix this since I am clueless about where this problem came from.
From now on I can see only two ways to go.
1. try to update everything on my computer (but everything is supposed to be updated to the latest)
2.delete everything and reinstall everything on my computer
I will try to do some more tests and researches and keep you guys informed.
If you have any new idea I would love to hear them
Thanks again for taking the time to read and comment.
Edited by PPLo, 02 May 2018 - 10:21.