• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sparky

Sparky

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Progressive metal and electronica. Playing guitar. Kayaking, mountain biking, road biking and walking. Spending time with my two children.

Posted 02 May 2018 - 06:17

Is there a keyboard shortcut for copy/pasting all of the note columns in a row for a track?

Say for example I've entered some chords and I want to cut and paste them a number of times below. I realise I can select a range and do it that way but there's a shortcut (Alt-Del) for deleting all note columns in a track's row.. so surely there's something similar for copy and pasting?

If there isn't.. is it possible to fiddle with a config file so I can set this up myself?

#2 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6795 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:29

Say for example I've entered some chords and I want to cut and paste them a number of times below. 

Mmm, shift + arrow up/down keys to select, then CTRL+C to copy, CTRL+P for "paste continuously" ?

I can only see a tiny potential for making this more efficient, a shortcut which copies the line that the cursor is currently parked on. 

But with "paste continuously", you usually want to select a range anyway.. 

• Sparky likes this

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#3 gentleclockdivider

gentleclockdivider

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2796 posts
  • Interests:slacking

Posted 02 May 2018 - 14:12

Alt+shift for fine selection 

THERE IS NO RELIGION SUPERIOR TO THE TRUTH

THERE IS NO TRUTH SUPERIOR TO THE ONE I CHOOSE

C'EST MIEUX D'ETRE BELLE ET REBELLE

QUE MOCHE ET REMOCHE

RUBIO RABIA

#4 Sparky

Sparky

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Interests:Progressive metal and electronica. Playing guitar. Kayaking, mountain biking, road biking and walking. Spending time with my two children.

Posted 02 May 2018 - 20:24

Mmm, shift + arrow up/down keys to select, then CTRL+C to copy, CTRL+P for "paste continuously" ?

I can only see a tiny potential for making this more efficient, a shortcut which copies the line that the cursor is currently parked on. 

But with "paste continuously", you usually want to select a range anyway.. 

Oh well, seemed like a good idea at the time. :-) Ctrl-P will certainly be useful. Made good us of that lastnight. Out of interest (different subject) is there a way in which you can "humanize" velocities after Ctrl-P'ing a load of notes? The place where I'd use Ctrl-P most would be copying bassdrums or hi-hats.. but then I'd want slightly different velocities so they don't sound too robotic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: renoise, pattern, track, editing, copy, paste