Next/previous sample in folder option

I’d love to be able to select next/previous sample in the current samples folder.

[attachment=8046:Untitled2.png

Would really speed up my workflow !

midierror

It’s tough because as now I suspect Renoise just loads the sample into memory and forgets where the sample came from. But I also suspect that this would be relatively simple to build with a tool – the tool would have to load the sample and remember the path, and then it could use that path to navigate through the folder and auto-load samples. That would be pretty cool. In fact it could potentially even do a hot-swap or a/b sort of thing, where it knows the “current” sample, lets you audition other ones, and you can always revert to the sample you started with before navigating. I’m sure @danoise has all the time in the world for something like this, right? :badteeth:

fuck… well if its tool building, lets automate it! lets add probability between multiple samples…lets go the full elektron!

come on danoise!

It’s a nice idea, and conceptually similar to loading a waveform “preset” - here you can also step through the available samples.

It’s tough because as now I suspect Renoise just loads the sample into memory and forgets where the sample came from.

Actually, no. If you look at an instrument, the source path is present. But the tricky thing is then to extract this, because this value (AFAIK) is not present in the API but needs to be determined from the .xrni - so, unpacking/parsing, etc.

Maybe there is a simpler way, not sure atm. If not, then maybe loading samples through a tool would indeed be simpler to implement (but unfortunately not simpler on the user part…)

1 Like

forgive my lateness in replying to this

i wish it could be implemented but appreciate it would take time

I would still kill for this feature

It may be not advice you expected, but since Renoise don’t must block audio (just don’t use exclusive modes), I think external fast sample browsers can do the job.
Like this one for example, but I think you can find lot more. Just check if it has drag&drop working well and you have your browser.