Sononym - Sample Browser

One day, a screenshot appeared out of nowhere, and it looked like this:

It got people speculating, what could it be?

The rather technical looking, text-heavy interface with splashes of color didn’t scare them. On the contrary, as it had arrived among trackers it suggested something familiar.

Name: Sononym
Genre: Sample Browser
Habitat: Windows, Linux, OSX
Special skills: self-organizing/categorizing sample libraries + similarity search
Availability: Released Aug 2018
Price: 89 EUR, 99 USD (incl VAT)
More info: https://www.sononym.net

:

1 Like

I could have a use for it :slight_smile:

WOW! but if in the titles of acknowledgments the creator appears … of Renoise … Eduard Müller !!!

Pretty cool, is it based on AI?

linux support :open_mouth: I’ve been searching for a software like this for ages…

Very cool :walkman:

Looks great, looking forward to it!

Pretty cool, is it based on AI?

Yes, or more specifically, machine learning.

The idea is that the software, with a single click, is able to present you with e.g. all snares in your entire sample collection.

Then you search/sort/filter your way through those until you find a nice one.

Once you find a nice one, you can launch a similarity search and see if, perhaps, there was an_even_nicer one.

This is also why it’s nice to have a browsing history, so you can always go back to where you came from…

WOW! but if in the titles of acknowledgments the creator appears … of Renoise … Eduard Müller !!!

Yes. Sononym is a new thing, but we are all renoise-heads. The love of samples can lead to many things :slight_smile:

This is very good news, indeed & an elegant sidestep away from the so often complained 68 euro #software thingy. :guitar: :drummer: :yeah:

Looks beautiful. Wanted something like this for years. I’ll be buying.

Looks good! I will buy if it costs 50 eur for lifetime. Otherwise not.

PS.

1. My initial reaction to the GUI is that it needs some gradients or something to distinguish areas from each other. It’s slightly too flat.

2. Would be awesome if there would be a feature that, to whatever extent it’s possible, would extract/detect one-shots from loops as well. Even if they’re not perfectly separated/extractable, there could be a tick to find and audition these as well. This would expand many peoples ‘drum sample libraries’ vastly. … Taking it a step further, I know it’s even possible to extract one-shots, judging from that other software… whatever its name.

Should be around 100 euro; but also keep in mind, its #AI - Technology. :walkman:

Looks good! I will buy if it costs 50 eur for lifetime. Otherwise not.

Should be around 100 euro; but also keep in mind, its #AI - Technology. walkman.gif

LOL

It’s already got some good-looking documentation. I am VERY excited for this.

Looks good, are there any videos about this? Want to see it in action :slight_smile:

Looks verry good and great to see taktik is still bussy developing .

On the other hand , I have absolutely no need for this .

I love getting lost in a maze of folders

Well, that’s pretty insane. Did not see it coming. Enjoy this similarity search for tech stacks?

Made in Montreal:

https://www.landr.com/

Aquired by Spotify for$100M in 2014

http://the.echonest.com/

Good luck team.

1 Like

Would be awesome if there would be a feature that, to whatever extent it’s possible, would extract/detect one-shots from loops as well.

Edit: I somehow misunderstood what you meant, sorry.

The software detects one-shots and loops, but indeed it does not yet further segment loops into one-shots.

This is planned, we just need to come up with an approach that doesn’t make access & search too slow.

There is - if you look at the screenshot, there’s two fields that stand out a bit. Which happens to be called … loops and one-shots cool.png

In the results, these also have a separate column. Loops/one-shots are a class, while categories apply to one-shots (and only one-shots, for now).

I got to this thread via a Bitwig reddit about Redux and the statement that Renoise development has stopped and add to that I was looking to pull the trigger on Mixed in key for a sample organiser. Then this pops up. Serendipity is a wonderful thing biggrin.png

Will there be any discounts for Renoise/Redux users?

https://www.reddit.com/r/WeAreTheMusicMakers/comments/8irsik/sononym_machine_learning_sample_organizer_for/ upvote!!