Howdy everyone, finally got some time to work out using LADSPA plugins in Renoise in Windows.
It's a bit of a roundabout, but not too bad.
1. Download and install Audacity either 32 or 64 bit makes no difference. https://www.audacityteam.org/
2. Download and install the Win32 compiled LADSPA plugins. Usually these will end up in ../Audacity/Plug-Ins https://www.fosshub....-win-0.4.15.exe
3. Grab ladspashell and shell2vst from here: https://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/
4. I usually create a new folder on my desktop and place a copy of both shell2vst.exe and ladspashell.dll in it.
5. Open a command shell (SHIFT-RIGHT CLICK) in the folder you just created and execute "shell2vst.exe ladspashell.dll" (no quotes)
6. That should create a new directory in the same location called "Ladspa" with 100 plugins.
7. Move or copy the Ladspa folder to your vst32 directory used by Renoise.
8. Run Renoise and it should pick up all the plugins and display them in the effects pane. When you click on one, Renoise will generate a native gui on the fly.
You have to use the 32 compiled LADSPA plugins, the 64 bit versions won't work with shell2vst. That being said, the 32 bit versions work very well and I've used them for years.
You might be able to install the 32 bit LADSPA plugins somewhere else if you don't want to install Audacity. I didn't try it as I use Audacity on a regular basis so ...
Some LADSPA plugins that use FFTW require the appropriate dll. You can find them here: http://www.fftw.org/...ll/windows.html Just put libfftw3-3.dll, libfftw3f.dll and libfftw3l.dll files in the Windows System32 directory or modify your $PATH variable if placed somewhere else. You don't need the FFTW 64 bit version as the 32 bit plugins won't use it.
Lastly, a few of the LADSPA effects don't work well in Renoise or even work at all. I just pick the ones I like and toss the others in the bin.
Let me know how you get on or have any problems I can help with.
Edited by The_Traveler, 13 May 2018 - 21:00.