File Name: Food for PhraseTouch...
File Submitter
: Circe
File Submitted
: 18 May 2018
File Category
: Phrases
License
: CC0, Public DomainThis is the first Kit of songs/phrases for PhraseTouch.
Rename the extension for .zip
I Hope you like.

Click here to download -- KIT 01

Next day Kit 02.

Link to PhraseTouch :
http://forum.renoise...-v10-build-084/

Edited by Circe, 18 May 2018 - 23:48.

• random, Raul (ulneiz) and Ben Dover like this

#2 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6897 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 19 May 2018 - 13:06

It's a bit weird that you're supplying a phrase preset, which isn't really a phrase preset.
If possible, I would consider packaging these files as a library instead?

I know it's rather special - meant to complement the PhraseTouch tool, but there must be a better way  :)

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#3 Circe

Circe

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:Visual Basic 6.0 Music Programing
    Piano Chords

Posted 19 May 2018 - 14:36

Well, PhraseTouch uses phrases to work, the files posted are songs and instruments which are composed of phrases and nothing more, once loaded in the aforementioned tool, Renoise works in say phrase mode, so I dont know in another way to consider the package of phrases but as phrases ...but have in count they are only phrases dressed or emmbed in song and instruments format, so we get both formats, phrases and presets for that tool !

Anyway THANKS.

Edited by Circe, 19 May 2018 - 14:44.

#4 Raul (ulneiz)

Raul (ulneiz)

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1488 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 00:34

How do you create a library for Renoise? A library could load a group of instruments ordered with their phrases and MIDI configuration and other characteristics of the instruments (keyzones, modulation, effects ...)?

:excl: Development of my tools: KangarooX120SamRenderPhraseTouch  |  GT16-Colors (old)

:excl: My API wishlist R3.1 (updated 24 July 2017):

Spoiler

:excl: My Renoise 3.1 wishlist (updated 26 September 2017):

Spoiler

#5 pat

pat

Big Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 00:47

#6 random

random

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Interests:Babylon by Bass

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:17

It's a bit weird that you're supplying a phrase preset, which isn't really a phrase preset.

I know it's rather special - meant to complement the PhraseTouch tool, but there must be a better way  :)

similar question (I've been thinking about it for some time)

the microsoft gs wavetable synth (such as default in in Food for PhraseTouch) never work on my pc s, presumably the sound card
can be solved with a virtual midi driver
https://coolsoft.alt...irtualmidisynth

can a libary (GeneralUserGS.xrnl) work at the same way, as a one click, default gm midi output device in renoise or phrase touch?

http://forum.renoise...-generalusergs/

Edited by random, 21 May 2018 - 12:20.

#7 Raul (ulneiz)

Raul (ulneiz)

• Normal Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:19

Thanks Pad for the info!

@Danoise. As far as I know, using a library does not allow loading several files at the same time, such as several phrases, or better yet, several instruments. At all times, you have to operate one by one.

Circe packages include songs (XRNS format), which only include information of instruments together (data, not samples). A song could occupy 25KB, but it has a lot of information about the configuration of each instrument, which in turn, each instrument includes several phrases. In addition, each song also contains prepared tracks. Besides, the packages also contains loose instruments in XRNI format.

Apparently, there is nothing planned for this in particular. It could be the loading of several instruments with data through the library, but this is not possible. PhraseTouch tool can select several instruments from within a folder and load them one after the other in a single operation. But this operation can be very heavy according to each instrument (if it includes many samples).

However, it would be great if the user had more control when sorting and uploading their files (at least with XRNI instruments and XRNZ phrases), such as the possibility of selecting and dragging in groups, classifying the instruments in the instrument box, and also selecting and dragging the phrases in the phrases editor as a group, and even appearing a list with the names of the phrases.

In short, make it easier to sort and classify the instruments and phrases within the song.

• Circe likes this

:excl: Development of my tools: KangarooX120SamRenderPhraseTouch  |  GT16-Colors (old)

Spoiler

Spoiler

#8 Circe

Circe

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
    Piano Chords

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:32

THANKS @Raul

#9 Raul (ulneiz)

Raul (ulneiz)

• Normal Members
  • 1488 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:41

the microsoft gs wavetable synth (such as default in in Food for PhraseTouch) never work on my pc s, presumably the sound card
can be solved with a virtual midi driver
https://coolsoft.alt...irtualmidisynth

First of all, point out that PhraseTouch does not just do things with phrases. In essence, shooting a phrase is the same as shooting a note, and this opens up many possibilities, just as this tool is designed. Also, the PhraseTouch name does not have to be related to the Renose phrase XRNZ format. You can compose your own phrases with PhraseTouch, writing notes, chords, rhythms, etc.

That said, the configuration with the wavetable can be replaced by the loading of a VSTi for each instrument. The problem that I see is that in the instrument box, the name of the type of instrument that should sound for each phrase does not appear. This can be a bit confusing. You need to hear the phrase to know which instrument corresponds and then load the VSTi (or samples), so that it sounds better.

PhraseTouch allows you among other things to trigger the same note of several instruments at the same time (up to 16 instruments). This can be used for specific percussions, or sound textures formed by several samples that sound at the same time. But it will also allow you to simultaneously trigger your associated phrases through the Keymap of each instrument.

But the libraries, and no other current format does not allow the multiple loading of several instruments or phrases, in a single operation. If this were possible in the future, maybe it would be easier to deal with these things.

What I see is that there are too many steps to reach the end of the result, what you want to hear about this work. Try to reproduce the phrases. If your sound card does not allow you to play sound with the wavetable, these packages will not help you. The issue is to replace each instrument with a VSTi instrument or samples.

• random likes this

Spoiler

Spoiler

#10 random

random

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 14:47

Thanks Raul (ulneiz) for your detailed answers !!

First of all, point out that PhraseTouch does not just do things with phrases. In essence, shooting a phrase is the same as shooting a note, and this opens up many possibilities, just as this tool is designed. Also, the PhraseTouch name does not have to be related to the Renose phrase XRNZ format. You can compose your own phrases with PhraseTouch, writing notes, chords, rhythms, etc.

I've been using about 5% of Renoise so far (Nooby)
approach PhraseTouch very slowly, but already knows it is great

That said, the configuration with the wavetable can be replaced by the loading of a VSTi for each instrument. The problem that I see is that in the instrument box, the name of the type of instrument that should sound for each phrase does not appear. This can be a bit confusing. You need to hear the phrase to know which instrument corresponds and then load the VSTi (or samples), so that it sounds better.

I do not think thats a problem
Circe has solved it clearly by naming the tracks in the phrase editor as well

But the libraries, and no other current format does not allow the multiple loading of multiple instruments or phrases, in a single operation. If this were possible in the future, maybe it would be easier to deal with these things.

Yess ! (at least I begin to understand the structure of renoise)

What I see is that there are too many steps to reach the end of the result, what you want to hear about this work. Try to reproduce the phrases. If your sound card does not allow you to play sound with the wavetable, these packages will not help you. The issue is to replace each instrument with a VSTi instrument or samples.

meantime, i compared vst / midi-hardware (roland pma-5) to Renoise
there you have to change the output device (microsoft gs synth to midi) at the midi-editor for each instrument, thats also awkward

Edited by random, 21 May 2018 - 14:55.

• Circe likes this

#11 Circe

Circe

Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
    Piano Chords

Posted 21 May 2018 - 17:26

@Random
THANKS, just read slowly the file attached in the Zip (.txt) how to begin. Then you will see how EASY It,s PhraseTouch to use it !!!

Try to replace the MIDI instruments for a decent vsti GM module, like hipercanvas or Hipersonic.

Next days....Kit 03

Edited by Circe, 21 May 2018 - 17:30.

• random likes this

#12 random

random

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 21:37

@Random
THANKS, just read slowly the file attached in the Zip (.txt) how to begin. Then you will see how EASY It,s PhraseTouch to use it !!!

Try to replace the MIDI instruments for a decent vsti GM module, like hipercanvas or Hipersonic.

Next days....Kit 03

thank you too for your work and infos !! i will try

Your phrases are really nice and clearly arranged
How do you pick up the songs from your workstations ( I think you are very fast) Do you use midiimport or did you record or write, transcript it yourself?
I transcript currently a drum-programming book, Midi was done quickly, but renoise, me - phrases with samples need time

Edited by random, 21 May 2018 - 21:38.