Photo

What do you think about new Studio One v4 and FLStudio 20?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 ffx

ffx

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3521 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 10:29

The chord extension looks pretty awesome in S1, but I still miss meta signals. I have no clue what the benefit of 32bit internal midi resolution is. Maybe this is the first step towards an upcoming meta modulation addition?

Great that FLStudio now works on macOS.  I think they removed hardware acceleration of the GUI in the end, so it looks CPU driven, but still quite fast to me. FlStudio is capable of so many things. Yet I see no benefit over other more traditional DAWs.

What do you think about it?

Edited by ffx, 23 May 2018 - 10:29.

• Type-A and Ben Dover like this

Test system: macOS 10.13.4, HFS+. Firewire Audio, i7 4770, 8GB Ram, GTX1050 2GB, 48kHz
GUI Automation RecorderNative DSP Context MenuTuned ShortcutsUnified Value Shift And Transpose | Jump To From Send Modified (Docs) | Quick Template | Nisanmol's Groove Tool FixedThemes

#2 Type-A

Type-A

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 13:24

bro loving it !! Fl studio 20 ..i bought it when it was still 12.5 ..it was my 1st daw ....and i always had love for it :)

i specially like the grouping lanes in the playlist feature they added with the new version also yesterday  i was trying the new audio recording features and audio consolidate ...and all of this is really cool really enhace the workflow

as for the CPU ...this version feels a bit lighter ...the cpu and RAM meters ...are peaking a bit less ....and the version they release yesterday ..still has some known bugs.... they are going to release an update this week...

this is basically release candidate No4

and for me the benefit its ..the workflow ....pianoroll its excellent ..and has a lot of randomization options ...also producer edition thats the more accesible ..comes packed with everything you need to produce

including Sytrus ..super powerful Fm synth.....Maximus fruity granulizer and Vocodex (and guess what they added ..a sample start offset automatable knob in the built in sampler //how cool is that :)---) ...plus .a bunch of extra synths and audio effects....

here's a play trough of a project i'm working

Edited by Type-A, 23 May 2018 - 13:30.

• Ledger, ffx and El°HYM like this

#3 Ben Dover

Ben Dover

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 19:47

That new chord track stuff in Studio One looks very interesting indeed!

@22:55

EDIT:

@56:30

Holy cow, this is crazy!! This is going to add much new value to many of my Renoise rendered audio files without question! 

And in combination with the upcoming Sononym stuff.... just WOW!!!!!!!!!!  :dribble:

BTW... If the user can change everything MIDI/Audio on all tracks in Studio One in real time by striking down chords on the MIDI keyboard.... isn't that basically the very concept of that much discussed  "RAS" feature here at the Renoise forums? :walkman:

Edited by Ben Dover, 23 May 2018 - 20:33.

• Ledger and Type-A like this

#4 robohymn

robohymn

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 21:10

I have fancy DAW fatigue and intend to ignore new versions of DAWs that are not Reaper or Renoise.
  • m.arthur, Type-A and Paul Buck like this

#5 Type-A

Type-A

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 21:18

I have fancy DAW fatigue and intend to ignore new versions of DAWs that are not Reaper or Renoise.

i was using reaper ...but  i ended up not liking the automation system and also ..dont like to much doing sound design in reaper ...

but the audio editing its gold !!!

and actions are awesome ......

by the way Tracktion release an update to the waveform DAW and they included a modular kinda enviroment ..kinda like instrument racks ...

• El°HYM likes this

#6 gentleclockdivider

gentleclockdivider

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2878 posts
  • Interests:slacking

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:33

i was using reaper ...but  i ended up not liking the automation system and also ..dont like to much doing sound design in reaper ...

and actions are awesome ......

by the way Tracktion release an update to the waveform DAW and they included a modular kinda enviroment ..kinda like instrument racks ...

THe new automation clips in reaper are pretty nice.

• Type-A likes this

THERE IS NO RELIGION SUPERIOR TO THE TRUTH

THERE IS NO TRUTH SUPERIOR TO THE ONE I CHOOSE

C'EST MIEUX D'ETRE BELLE ET REBELLE

QUE MOCHE ET REMOCHE

RUBIO RABIA

#7 Type-A

Type-A

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 13:03

THe new automation clips in reaper are pretty nice.

its an improvement but still not as fast as i want ..

#8 robohymn

robohymn

Super Advanced Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 21:08

and actions are awesome ......by the way Tracktion release an update to the waveform DAW and they included a modular kinda enviroment ..kinda like instrument racks ...

Yes, Reaper automation lanes leave some things to be desired still, but the rest makes up for it, to me. The new automation items are improving all the time, they just released 5.90 and there are improvements and more planned for version 6. I love the new spectral editing, though it is not fully developed yet. I am hoping they focus on MIDI and automation for version 6, but even if they dont, I stick with Reaper/Renoise anyway
  • Type-A likes this

#9 ffx

ffx

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • 3521 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 09:33

Please ontopic again!

Test system: macOS 10.13.4, HFS+. Firewire Audio, i7 4770, 8GB Ram, GTX1050 2GB, 48kHz
GUI Automation RecorderNative DSP Context MenuTuned ShortcutsUnified Value Shift And Transpose | Jump To From Send Modified (Docs) | Quick Template | Nisanmol's Groove Tool FixedThemes

#10 El°HYM

El°HYM

Big Super GrandMasta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Interests:I AM El°HYM

Posted 26 May 2018 - 09:16

Me act.has a tiny fl piano roll inside my renoise...not kidding here:

https://www.image-li...ost Modular.htm

:ph34r:  :walkman:  :yeah:

Edited by El°HYM, 26 May 2018 - 09:27.

• Ledger likes this

Inside ur Renoise; helping Byte-Smasher putting Cab Sims on ur Master.  :ph34r: 

#11 Rex

Rex

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 30 May 2018 - 19:14

Studio One is my absolute favourite DAW ever, but I was a bit annoyed that the upgrade path from S1-2 Producer to S1-3 Pro was quite steep considering they removed the producer level product, I upgraded anyway but waited till the Black Friday discount so won't be jumping on this due to being a bit of a tight git.

#12 Mivo

Mivo

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:12

My issue with FL 20 is the same I had with FL 12 and 11: the lack of support for custom themes. I find the blue-grey-steel interface to be lacking in contrast. I love many things about it, but the default (and only) theme is the fly in the ointment for me.

#13 cantti

cantti

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:46

Studio One 4 has one of the best piano roll ever. With Renoise they are my favourite DAWs (i used ableton for 5 years before).

#14 Type-A

Type-A

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 13:57

never tried studio one but Fl's piano roll its really good too 

#15 Ledger

Ledger

Guruh Motha Fakka Knows More About Renoise Than Taktik

• Normal Members
  • 3648 posts

Posted 12 September 2018 - 17:24

Me act.has a tiny fl piano roll inside my renoise...not kidding here:

https://www.image-li...ost Modular.htm

:ph34r:  :walkman:  :yeah:

beta here, needs log in:

https://forum.image-...f=1919&t=123031

Edited by Ledger, 12 September 2018 - 17:25.

--> Lua for newbies <--

My Scripts On Forum

Top Tip!

cpu : Xeon 1231 v3, os : Win 7 64bit, audio: Audient iD4
posts as 4tune @ KvR and some other music related sites