#2 BrainClaim

BrainClaim

Chief Above Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Theater performing, music production, languages

Posted 24 May 2018 - 20:33

Hi there, when I started listening to your song, at first, I thought I am not going to get impressed at all but as it progressed and the percussions with more leads appeared, I kinda thought to myself: "Damn, this guy has something!" Although,  there is a lot of things you need to work on, like the bass is very weak and sometimes barely audible. The kick is missing low frequencies and there is a long delay feedback to the leads in the first part of the track which kinda put me off. But I gotta say, I really like the melody in this track, so keep creating more and more music, unless you reach perfection! :)

EDIT: I didn't realize that my sound driver is messed up right now and didn't play bass correctly at the moment so I apologize for critisizing you incorrectly, the bass and kick are good (only the bass might be a tad little bit stronger) and the percussions have very good production.

Edited by BrainClaim, 24 May 2018 - 20:52.

#3 Denn1593

Denn1593

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 21:04

Thanks for your response! I guess the bass could use a little more work. I notice that a lot of music have like really powerful low bass frequencies which gives it some more oomph which i find kinda hard to incorporate without it ending up sounding messy. I dont think it that bad in this one but i kinda find some of my other tracks sounds a little bit thin sometimes which i guess i should work on in my future tracks.

#4 HeartBeatHero

HeartBeatHero

Big Super Masta Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  • Interests:http://www.heartbeathero.com
    https://soundcloud.com/heartbeathero/social-crisis-heartbeathero-remix

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:25

Nice choice of instruments. I would add a catchier melody, and add some variation with a few extra synths.
As it stand it's a relaxing house track. I enjoyed the overal sound.

http://heartbeathero.com - all renoise

https://heartbeathero.bandcamp.com
HeartBeatHero a.k.a Alien7

#5 EatMe

EatMe

Guruh Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 13:51

To get more beefy bass:

- Use (multiple devices in row) compression (or gate) with a certain (somewhat) "longer" attack time. Use longer compression "release" if it pumps too much.

- Equalize the bass:

* delicately remove or accent the lower and upper present "whoomy" sound region between 300-850 Hz

* either sharp cut remove or peak a little at around 100-80 Hz on each. kick drums may do well with a sharp boost at +- 100 Hz.

* remove subbass to delicacy, especially at around the rambling 50 Hz.

* on kick drums: adding a little click in the high mid region (3000-5000Hz) can give more clearness to a sound

* on bass: the silence between the notes make the music go bumpin'. Use gating and cut off and lower volume to very soft of ending parts of notes so that silence is part of the bass. 

* soulful basses: use a bass that is a major third lower on minor chords. Use a bass that is a minor third lower on major chords. This creates a totalling 7th chord with the bass note, but the chord starting in a higher region and differing from the bass.

--

plz join the remix compethision.. 

entry submission closes 2018-06-15 final entry posting date 2018-06-17

win prizes! 

winner: a LED light bulb + a new pair of very loud black/silver (mirroring) headphones over-ear soft compound 

runner up: Book + CD Microsoft course 6292A Installing and Configuring Windows 7 Client - all you need to know about Windows 7 + a course CD 

most guitar one: A black electric bass (electric guitar will fit) backpack

most electro old school one: a very secret museum prize.. see the topic

rules:

- downloadable mp3

- extra points for Youtube, Soundcloud and .xrns posting / composition

- must use Renoise

- can win prize

Edited by EatMe, 06 June 2018 - 13:51.