[idea] More CPU load balancing (with options)
This generally would consist of Renoise spreading the workload of the song into a less-CPU heavy song playback routine.
options would be:
PLAYER ONLY Replaces the CPU load of the interface and optimal latency and sample rate
* less update of the screen. (e.g. a simple play-stop-seek interface with one drawn timer with a jump-to-editing-interface button)
* latency auto-optimizer. (e.g. detect at what latency and optimal workload-flow the CPU load is lowest)
* (temporary) lower sample rates / frequencies and interpolation frequencies (e.g. temporary at 16 KHz to save CPU time)
THESE OPTIONS ARE FOR PLAYBACK PURPOSE ONLY
also another optimization option would be:
INDICATION FOR CPU% / RESAMPLING BUTTONS
indicates the CPU load of effect and instrument plugins / routines to replace tracks or instruments with samples
* an indicative field of What Exact instrument and track plugin(s) take So Much Resources or A Lot Of Resources sorted out
* and a shortcut (also in the right-click menu button in the Pattern interface) to
- To New Track: Resample Whole Track With Automation and opt. Remove source track, track plugins (effect and instrument)
- To New Track: Resample Track In Pattern With Automation
- Resample Instrument(s) to Sampled Instruments in Track button
** that keeps everything timedly in place without adding latency to the initial Resampled sample.
Edited by EatMe, 06 June 2018 - 15:07.