Redux tempo changes

I am just testing Redux and like the idea to trigger phrases out of my DAW with single midi notes.
My goal is to achieve unconventional rhythms that are breaking the typical timeline structure and I find Redux VERY inspiring in these concerns!

1. I wonder if I could go one step further and unlink the tempo from syncing with my DAW?

Is there a way to change the BPM selector in the phrase editor to different tempos in different phrases? It always changes back to host tempo when I try to do this.

1. In a second approach (remembering my 90ies tracker-times) I wonder if there are any commands for changing the ticks from one note to another inside a pattern?

found some commands in the docs but they seem to be for Renoise only.

I also did not find the mentioned Master Effects Column.

1. MIDI Out would be a very cool feature but I already found out (sadly) that this is not implemented…
  1. You’re right that tempo is always following the host - the LPB is factored on top, and set per phrase.

So it’s simple to achieve “triplet” or “dotted” ratiosbetween host and phrase, but for more complex (higher) ratios you would need to increase the LPB - and probably, whip out the calculator

1. Inside phrases, ticks are locked to 12 per line. This is true for both Renoise and Redux.

There is no Master track in a phrase either, closest thing you have are regular effect columns (several commands entered here will affect all note columns)

1. Indeed

Thanks for your explanations and fast response!

So it’s simple to achieve “triplet” or “dotted” ratiosbetween host and phrase, but for more complex (higher) ratios you would need to increase the LPB

I remember the technique to double the LPB and then divide BPM by half for having “more ticks” between lines.
Will try to work with 12 ticks now that I found the Qxx command does fit my needs.

What is the reason that Redux doesn’t allow to unlink BPM from host for different phrases? To me that sounds like an interessting feature for experimentation…

• and probably, whip out the calculator

Yeah. “Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand” :wink: