the renoise instruments modulation is very limited, when it comes to basic or a bit advanced synthesis standards. I would like to suggest the following improvements:
- Multiple slots per sample in parallel
- Slot can receive another slot, serial routing
- there could be a "global slot", in which you put the meta devices in, so it is not osc level anymore
- All meta devices should be usable in the modulation slots / global slot, and be able to target any parameter in the modulation slot. For every parameter there is another translation curve, so the current logic does not work at all.
For instance, velocity should be able to control various parameters, like filter decay, cutoff, volume attack/decay, etc. Or imagine the velocity being able to modulate the lfo phase and sample start offset
- A proper adshr device, including curve per parameter (from log to exp). A curve is essential e.g. for proper analog sounding presets
- ALL filters from all filter devices, including oversampling
- The old filters back, too
- One very smooth, non destorting, self oscillating 2p/4p general digital filter (do you know octamed on pc?)
- Support for midi key up / release
- Basic extra math device in the modulation slot, so you could do x*x*x*x or log(x), etc.
- Some flexible distortion device on osc level, pre or post filter.
- At least 32 meta parameters
Thanks for consideration.