Shortcuts problem

Hi There. I have a problem with shortcuts.All those have disappeared.I find at (C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Renoise\V3.1.1\KeyBindings.xml)-Mixer-Edit-

Cut Device Control +

Copy Device Control +

All the letters after + dont exist

I try Midi map-Clear all mappings…nothing change.

I don’t think it’s Renoise’s problem.

I have experienced exactly the same twice in the last days. Has never happened before. I had to reset it to factory settings, and luckily exported the keymap after having made all my changes to it again (which are a lot).My only 2 suspects so far are A. the recent win10 update, that has scrambled some other things up as well once again, B. I recently installed an additional keyboard layout (cyrillic), so maybe switching between those might have caused this??

Btw. in my case not all shortcuts disappeared. Fery few, like ctrl + , for prefs kept intact.

I recently installed an additional keyboard layout (cyrillic), so maybe switching between those might have caused this??

I suspect this is the reason.

I’ve had this happening a few times when switching between EN/DE/DA (I lost the undo/redo shortcuts)

Some of the Renoise shortcut are “inheriting” from the OS language settings - as a german layout is different with respect to undo/redo. this makes perfect sense.

However, I believe Renoise can be led to think that it needs to re-apply the shortcuts, and zapping our custom ones in the process.

The jury is out on this - anyone think that a Renoise which was installed on a German PC should retain CTRL+Y for undo,no matter what language is selected later on?

This is then the case for setting the shortcut only once - or manually.

The jury is out on this - anyone think that a Renoise which was installed on a German PC should retain CTRL+Y for undo,no matter what language is selected later on?

This is then the case for setting the shortcut only once - or manually.

Yes, ctrl+y on german keyboards makes much more sense. It’s the first thing I change everywhere possible. Strange though, I had installed different layouts in the past and this has never happened before. The default Windows-shortcut for layout switching has changed to win+space since then apparently.So maybe it’s a combination of both.

Oh, and when it happened again I couldn’t just import my personal settings but had to reset to factory defaults first.

and suddenly Cortana is back. Go away!!!

I think is win 10.The same keybord the same languange…

Its crazy.

@danoise: So to be sure we are not talking about different things here, did your keylayout change just affect the undo key? because in my and obviously BpZs case most of the keys were just erased from existence. Playing notes worked for me and going to prefs, but even ctrl+n,o etc… weren’t responding

@BpZ: I have to put some other items on the ‘could be the reason’ pile,
C: I am using an apple keyboard on a pc and switched alt and system key in the registry.
D:I am only experiencing this on my laptop so far. When I close it or set it to energy save mode, there is a 50% chance of the sound driver not waking up properly. If that happens there is another small chance, that renoise crashes. Renoise never crashed on me since 2.1, so maybe that’s a suspect too.
E: it still feels like a windows 10 thing