1 Like

Pretty amazing news:

https://www.bitwig.com/en/18/bitwig-studio-2_4.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dL55OdasWxg

Looks like they read the Renoise forum’s feature requests :slight_smile:

yeah …the renoise sampler needs this…

sadly its not going to happen any time soon

1 Like

Yes, 2.4 looks really nice. Also, when I look at Bitwig studio it always reminds me of Renoise somehow.

These two appsactually seemlike siblings to me, and they’re both also availablefor all OS platforms.

Would be cool if Bitwigs and Renoise/Redux/Sononym developers could work something out together andcross-talk…

Bitwig with a tracker interface and I’m sold ;

But that’s not gonna happen either

1 Like

Bitwig with a tracker interface and I’m sold ;

But that’s not gonna happen either

Theultimate combo, no doubt.

Too bad Bitwig doesn’t support Rewire, the closest thing right now to get the tracker experience is toload many Redux instances in Bitwig.

1 Like

Sooo easy to automate tooooo mmmmmm

Looks really great. Bitwig looks like a good forward-thinking DAW - but too expensive, as it’s an ongoing cost + I’m really not interested in leaving the tracker interface. I would love it if Renoise/Redux would give some more love to its sampler, it’s nearly perfect but loop point automation has been top of so many people’s wishlist for years - that + timestretching + granular synthesis in sampler and I think I’d never use anything else.

Well currently it costs 299 $/€ until 31. July:https://www.bitwig.com/en/shop/webshop.html

@ffx thanks for the update!

i was trying the bitwig demo the other day …and i didn’t like the software :frowning:

And what exactly was it you did not like?

And what exactly was it you did not like?

it was unintuitive honestly my 1st day in ableton was way better comparing the 2 of them which are very similar in interface

the browser was diffcult to navigate …not to look for samples but to find the devices an there are too many options attached to the devices

not that this is a bad thing

but i like this sorts of things presented in a more organized way …

i was just trying to see if the workflow was intuitive enough and only …use built in stuff …i didnt load any vsts …

the modulators yeah are really cool !!!

ill guess if i have to choose ill stick to ableton …but

Fl its better (to me) than ableton or bitwig

I also tried it and bought it …

Always thought Bitwig is an Ableton copy
the Gui is for me rather a mixture of the ancient Atari Cubase (Piano Roll / right Mousclick) and Notator (Pattern)
unfortunately too good :dribble:

have not tried the sampler, because I feel very comfortable with Renoise / Redux.

I also tried it and bought it …

Always thought Bitwig is an Ableton copy
the Gui is for me rather a mixture of the ancient Atari Cubase (Piano Roll / right Mousclick) and Notator (Pattern)
unfortunately too good :dribble:

have not tried the sampler, because I feel very comfortable with Renoise / Redux.

cool for you bro …

i bought Fl studio a few months back …it was my 1st daw and Fl 20 its really nice

also lifetime free updates :slight_smile:

i use fruity loops 5 earlier, considerably how the program evolved to today, was disturbed at the demo last only little things
Bitwig kicked me right away, unfortunately, it lacks a few things for the price actually.
However, I’m also willing to pay for updates ( Hello Renoise ) every Year or for Gimmicks after 2 Years
There has been a rethink in me, missing since the XP change to Windows 7 good old programs
IOS has current the most innovative Software (to me) but Clouds is definitely a sinking ship

i use fruity loops 5 earlier, considerably how the program evolved to today, was disturbed at the demo last only little things
Bitwig kicked me right away, unfortunately, it lacks a few things for the price actually.
However, I’m also willing to pay for updates ( Hello Renoise ) every Year or for Gimmicks after 2 Years
There has been a rethink in me, missing since the XP change to Windows 7 good old programs
IOS has current the most innovative Software (to me) but Clouds is definitely a sinking ship

the other software i was trying was Reason 10 intro

i mean i was amazed because the give in the intro version

europa

kong

Thor

and the samplers

plus Subtractor and other cool things

for sound design the intro version its more than ok for just 99 bucks

but yeah

i was also evaluating the workflow specially all that is related to working and editing audio in arrangement

and man

Reason its way behind on that department

after some digging in facebook

i realized most reason users work exclusively with Midi having all the CV and routing capabilities as a big bonus

and only using the audio to bounce midi tracks … to save CPu etc

but working with audio directly on the playlist its a big deal to me …!! so …yeah reason its out of the playbook at least for arranging or anything really that isn’t sound design

Interesting, at the beginning Reason had no midi out, Vst, nothing
Pity, handling and sound was great, unique at that time
Did not even look at it anymore

Finally I decided not to upgrade to 2.4. I really like their new sampler features, but they still did nothing about the bad GUI performance for the users. So if you have a 8+ tracks/vstis project and use 4K resolution, the Bitwig GUI still will drop in frame rate heavily, so much that mouse actions, dragging, zooming become imprecise and laggy. Bummer for me (and a lot others). Background: The Bitwig GUI is fully CPU driven. Painting a 4K gui (so 4 times the pixels of fullhd, including cpu driven AA) using a CPU will produce a heavy one-core-cpu-load which will be subtracted then from the available DSP power, too. Normally, if a GUI uses the modern OS default ways, it should be GPU accelerated on-the-fly. As far as I understood the Bitwig team is working on this, they stated so in February 2018. So at least some elements will be accelerated, maybe like a flash player in a older (cpu painted) browser. I am kind of afraid that Bitwig is in some dead-end-situation due wrong base design decisions… They seem to use some cross platform gfx library, so they could instead add gpu acceleration to that library, so maybe then the whole gui was drawn by gpu…?

This problem does not so heavily appear if you have a very recent Intel i7++, maybe providing some extra instruction sets or something. Also rumours say that the used gfx library is kind of GPU accelerated only under Linux, AFAIK. There is a semi working workaround for macOS, so you can switch the Bitwig GUI to lowres mode, even the Bitwig team actually prevents to use that option for unknown reason. Then the GUI is drawn like it was fullhd, on a 4K desktop. Personally I am kind of tired of workarounds…

P.S: The offer was extended to Aug 15.

Very nice and inspiring tutorial videos about the new Bitwig 2.4 sampler are up:

https://www.bitwig.com/en/community/learning/2_4-sampler-tutorial.html

I could buy Bitwig for 125€ and I’m still struggeling.Not because of the money, but I’m not sure if I really need another daw (next to Reaper and Renoise). The only thing that Bitwig offers which Reaper is lacking is the Clip view. At least for Linux. Reaper can do lot more it’s just not so obvious.

Bitwig also feels a bit bloated to me… I don’t want to download gigabytes of Samples and stuff until my music sounds exchangeable in the end. And another point which is important to me: there’s only the forum at KVR and if I google some technical problems I don’t find anything.

E.g. how to switch the arranger and mixer view with short cuts? How to enter notes with the keyboard? There’s no native phase correlation meter also.

It’s possibly a great DAW, but as I have Reaper and Renoise I question if I should invest the time to get used to it.