First of all, I wanted to say hello! I just recently started to learn renoise and have a quick question. Are there any reliable archives of "one-shot" samples and "single-note" instruments? I mean, i do not intend to use pre-made samples/sequences of notes, I always compose music from scratch, note by note. What i mean by "single note" is, are there any instruments that produce a single sound instead of a chord or a sequence of sounds (as in, for example, in some of the built-in instruments in renoise). I am mostly looking for:
- good quality drum sets, both "real" and electronic
- studio quality bass guitar sounds
- Overdriven guitars (no chords!)
- strings like violin, cello etc, but they must be "single note"
- ensembles and choirs (again, preferably no chords, just single notes)
- lead pads, mostly for "futuristic" music like those form Unreal Tournament game soundtrack
Also, some more pre-made effect chais would be helpful. Before Renoise i was using Guitar Pro 6 which was way easier to use, but also had very few sound options... sometimes in Renoise i feel a bit lost and I could use some help, maybye from othe people who make music similar to UT soundtrack?
Besides, my main concern about renoise is - is there any good (free) instrument for imitating overdriven guitar? The only upside which came with Guitar Pro's limitations is.. well, the fact that it's designed to reproduce guitar sounds. I mean, the realistic sound engine from Guitar Pro is so good with guitars that you could easily confuse it's artificial guitar sounds with a real-life one. Is there an instrument for Renoise which does that?
Looking forward to hearing from you guys!