Suggestion Redesigned browser

our current browser let use navigate through

the song tab, instrument,samples , and other *

some of you may consider this enough !!

and at some extent its almost all that you really need …

but to navigate through large sample library or at least access more efficient to certain parts of such library you need more tabs/ folders …pinned on top or the side

several daws had implemented custom locations in the browser or file system

which i think help the user to have a more efficient or fast workflow

example its Fl

besides the custom locations provided by the daw

you can have yours …simply by telling FL which folders to look up to

i think having this option can be awesome

for a future update or whatever update

custom locations in the browser

Small tip: The Disk Browser (and many other areas of Renoise) have some handy buttons to store your own favourites.

Every category in the browser has its own set of favourites for Songs, Samples, etc.

Right-click to save, left-click to load.

Perhaps you’ve simply overlooked this up to now?

8165 renoise-browser-favourites.png

Edit: Admittedly it’s not as fully featured as your suggestions could be, but… at least it’s something that works right now which may be helpful.

Small tip: The Disk Browser (and many other areas of Renoise) have some handy buttons to store your own favourites.

Every category in the browser has its own set of favourites for Songs, Samples, etc.

Right-click to save, left-click to load.

Perhaps you’ve simply overlooked this up to now?

attachicon.gifrenoise-browser-favourites.png

Edit: Admittedly it’s not as fully featured as your suggestions could be, but… at least it’s something that works right now which may be helpful.

man

i must be blind

jaj

thanks dblue

thanks dblue

The old girl still has a few tricks up her sleeve, eh? :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers.

Need something like that for VSTs that little box that collapses everytime you load something is meticulous. Less steps more flow

Just merge the VST browser with the song/instrument/sample browser. Make it globally universal. Only need one.

Let’s make the initial track and instrument devices collapsible. They rarely get used and take up screen real estate that can be used for itge devices