Photo

Ducking with LFO on kick, but one note earlier?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ffx

ffx

Composes without Wires burns Directly from Brain to DVD that is already in Store Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3521 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 22:47

Hi,

I would like to trigger a LFO which controls a "ducking" gainer. The LFO is triggered by the kick, so a normal sidechain ducking. But now I would like to trigger the LFO one note earlier, but still by the kick. Is there a way to achieve this, without using ghost notes? Maybe some math device, looking one line ahead? Thanks.

Test system: macOS 10.13.4, HFS+. Firewire Audio, i7 4770, 8GB Ram, GTX1050 2GB, 48kHz
GUI Automation RecorderNative DSP Context MenuTuned ShortcutsUnified Value Shift And Transpose | Jump To From Send Modified (Docs) | Quick Template | Nisanmol's Groove Tool FixedThemes

#2 Type-A

Type-A

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 23:10

no ..you need to gather at least 1 infinte stone 1st ..in order to achieve this  :huh:

• ffx likes this

#3 Zer0 Fly

Zer0 Fly

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
  • Interests:Buddha

Posted 14 August 2018 - 23:15

I use lookahead with signal follower or its audio with track delays...keytracker cannot look ahead...

• ffx and Type-A like this

#4 Type-A

Type-A

Big Daddy Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 00:38

do you want to know if this is possible or  do you have an application for it !! 

curious about it 

i recently adopted the LFO to control the gainer chain for the ducking 

but i manually place the reset automation in the desired group 

but i guess you dont want to use any note input to trigger the LFO  :unsure:

u guys know more than me regarding this 

Edited by Type-A, 15 August 2018 - 00:40.

#5 Zer0 Fly

Zer0 Fly

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1261 posts
  • Interests:Buddha

Posted 15 August 2018 - 14:38

to sidechain a bassdrum, I set up an extra layered sample for it...and route it to an extra channel...the channel will be inaudible, but there will be a signal follower for the sidechain in it...this way whole drumkit can sound in one channel, but signal follower will only react to the kick...the sample can be crafted and fine tuned to the desired response, as it is inaudible only the envelope matters, not how it would sound like. because of the layering it won't work with round robin/random sample instruments though, this is a drawback. the lookahead can be achieved with track delay or in the signal follower (or both). another upside is the possibility to use multiple signal followers on that track, with different lookahead and attack/decay responses depending on the desired response of the ducked instrument.