• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 unaHm

unaHm

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:34

Hello there! It's been a while since I've been on the forums, but I'm glad to be back :)

I've been recently working on creating an instrument in Renoise by which I'd like to use a main modulation set in the instrument for most of the playing, and then use another (or more) modulation sets for different kinds of expression (such as sliding quickly up to a note, and falling off it when it is released).

I have two modulation sets programmed, but I'm unsure of how to switch between them when I'm editing the patterns.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan

Edited by unaHm, 27 August 2018 - 02:54.

#2 Psynapsex

Psynapsex

Local Chief Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Synthesis, Electronics, & Finance (Equity Research Analysis Intern)

I'm a big fan of Venetian Snares, Psykovsky, Richard Devine, and The Advent.

I've been using Reaktor 5 since 2008, and love the thought of a real analog modular synth.

Posted 27 August 2018 - 05:16

Following

#3 Zer0 Fly

Zer0 Fly

Guruh Motha Fakka is Levitating and Knows Everything About Renoise Member

• Normal Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
  • Interests:Flying

Posted 27 August 2018 - 16:12

I think mod set switching cannot be automated. Maybe...just copy the instrument so you have two versions, with each a different modset? Then you would switch instrument to switch behaviour.

• Type-A likes this

#4 danoise

danoise

Probably More God or Borg Than Human Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6942 posts
  • Interests:wildlife + urban trekking

Posted 27 August 2018 - 17:28

I'd like to use a main modulation set in the instrument for most of the playing, and then use another (or more) modulation sets for different kinds of expression (such as sliding quickly up to a note, and falling off it when it is released).

The sliding-when-released could be achieved without this - an ADHSR device in the pitch domain would do the job just fine. 

If you want to slide up, just set the operator to subtract "-" instead of adding "+"... like in this picture 

Clipboard01.jpg

Tracking with Stuff. API wishlist | Soundcloud

#5 unaHm

unaHm

• Normal Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 01:55

The sliding-when-released could be achieved without this - an ADHSR device in the pitch domain would do the job just fine. 

If you want to slide up, just set the operator to subtract "-" instead of adding "+"... like in this picture 

attachicon.gifClipboard01.jpg

Ah, I see - that makes sense! Could I use a pattern effect command to enable/disable the pitch ADHSR effect?

#6 Achenar

Achenar

Big Masta Member

• Renoise Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:33

You can assign a Macro to the on/off button, then add an Instr. Macros device to your track so you can toggle the AHDSR (use the typical right-button method to automatically insert effect commands).

dh.pngsoundcloud.pngyt.pngfb.pngtw.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Modulation