Controlling modulation sets in instruments

Hello there! It’s been a while since I’ve been on the forums, but I’m glad to be back :slight_smile:

I’ve been recently working on creating an instrument in Renoise by which I’d like to use a main modulation set in the instrument for most of the playing, and then use another (or more) modulation sets for different kinds of expression (such as sliding quickly up to a note, and falling off it when it is released).

I have two modulation sets programmed, but I’m unsure of how to switch between them when I’m editing the patterns.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dan

Following

I think mod set switching cannot be automated. Maybe…just copy the instrument so you have two versions, with each a different modset? Then you would switch instrument to switch behaviour.

I’d like to use a main modulation set in the instrument for most of the playing, and then use another (or more) modulation sets for different kinds of expression (such as sliding quickly up to a note, and falling off it when it is released).

The sliding-when-released could be achieved without this - an ADHSR device in the pitch domain would do the job just fine.

If you want to slide up, just set the operator to subtract “-” instead of adding “+”… like in this picture

8227 Clipboard01.jpg

The sliding-when-released could be achieved without this - an ADHSR device in the pitch domain would do the job just fine.

If you want to slide up, just set the operator to subtract “-” instead of adding “+”… like in this picture

attachicon.gifClipboard01.jpg

Ah, I see - that makes sense! Could I use a pattern effect command to enable/disable the pitch ADHSR effect?

You can assign a Macro to the on/off button, then add an Instr. Macros device to your track so you can toggle the AHDSR (use the typical right-button method to automatically insert effect commands).